whats your favourite aftershave/perfume?

L1 HCS

Reaction score
whats your favourite aftershave or perfume?

CoolWaters - Davidoff

Like Armani - White when the ladies are wearing it

kenzo for men (mainly)
emporio for him
emporio white
ck1
ck be
pleasures for men

my auntie is a rep for Dior but gets cheap/free colognes, perfume, make up etc... handy for birthday presents lol

Brut for normal wear like work, golf etc
Old spice for going out on the pull, never fails the bint i pulled friday was like putty in my hands, although at 87 was a bit older than my useful standards

ITS ALL ABOUT ISSEY MIYAKI AND ARMANI MANIA (BOTH AFTER SHAVES)

I won't wear any of the above, they are way too common, aftershave should be something personal, not something that makes you smell like the last guy.

Right now I like Ralph Lauren 'Double' Black for night/formal and Thierry Mugler Cologne if its daytime or summer evenings.

Marc Jacobs or Creed are also very good night time fragrances and 99% of people wont have smelt it before.

Another personal issue is with people who dont know how to apply fragrance correctly, it should should be applied to the inner elbows, back of knees and top of chest, as fragrances work on heat and are heat activated. Thats why spraying it on your neck or wrists makes it smell manky and usually like a tarts handbag.

When you are testing fragrances, get the person to spray a little on your inner elbow, not on the paper, it wont smell anything like its meant to when its sprayed on a bit of A4. Then go away and keep smelling it until its dry'ed down and you can smell the basenotes and see what its like after half hour or so, how long the smell lasts.

And steer clear of Issey Miyake or Paul Smith, unless of course you enjoy smelling like everyone else.

Most importantly, remember someone else should only be able to smell it if they get within 12" of you.

Dunno about a favourite...

I wear Hugo Boss - Boss Bottled, CK - Contradiction, and Armani - Code a lot at work; evenings sometimes one of those, but more often one of these: Thierry Mugler - A*Men, Grigio Perla - Touch, Issey Miyake - L'eau D'Issey, Joop!, and Alessandro Dell'Acqua. I think my favourite out of that lot would probably be A*Men because it's really nice and VERY different!

For the ladies Angel by Thierry Mugler is really nice (and it's nice to match if I'm wearing A*Men!) but doesn't seem to work for everyone, however the absolute cert. to drive me daft is Bvlgari - Blv (or of course Blv - Notte).

Regards,

Rob.

I wear D&G, its the only one I know really. Im not really into aftershave

My scent always used to be Joop! but recently have been getting into Paco Rabanne, XS at first and now, my favourite, Ultraviolet Man.

GT85

4197-10354-main-lu85-114.jpg

Dave_Bayern said:
I won't wear any of the above, they are way too common, aftershave should be something personal, not something that makes you smell like the last guy.

Right now I like Ralph Lauren 'Double' Black for night/formal and Thierry Mugler Cologne if its daytime or summer evenings.

Marc Jacobs or Creed are also very good night time fragrances and 99% of people wont have smelt it before.

Another personal issue is with people who dont know how to apply fragrance correctly, it should should be applied to the inner elbows, back of knees and top of chest, as fragrances work on heat and are heat activated. Thats why spraying it on your neck or wrists makes it smell manky and usually like a tarts handbag.

When you are testing fragrances, get the person to spray a little on your inner elbow, not on the paper, it wont smell anything like its meant to when its sprayed on a bit of A4. Then go away and keep smelling it until its dry'ed down and you can smell the basenotes and see what its like after half hour or so, how long the smell lasts.

And steer clear of Issey Miyake or Paul Smith, unless of course you enjoy smelling like everyone else.

Most importantly, remember someone else should only be able to smell it if they get within 12" of you.

Are you one of them camp fellas that work behind the perfume counters in Harvey Nicholls?????

Paul Smith Extreme for me.

To repel people like you......

I have loads of aftershaves, so many in fact I have a few away last time my mate kev came round, I gave him Cacharel Nemo and Clinique Happy last time he was here.

Now I have (in no particular order)
Ralph Lauren Black
Ralph Lauren Polo (green)
Ralph Lauren Romance
Kouros Body
Sothys Pour Homme
Armani Black
Armani White
Armini Night (shiny black)
Jean Paul Gaultier le male
Carolina Herrera 212

I'd say the first 3 are my current fav's

Dave_Bayern said:
it wont smell anything like its meant to when its sprayed on a bit of an A4.

I agree with the rest of it, but why would i spray my cologne on my car?:yahoo:

Whatever is on special offer when I nearly run out and doesn't smell like a tart's boudoir :whistle2:

On a more general level, I think aftershave is ***** and you should wear Eau de Toilette.

I agree with Dave Bayern about not smelling like the next man. As a rule, I wear scent that's made by a 'Fragrance House' (i.e. Chanel or Acqua di Parma) rather than all of formulaic CK/Boss/Armani/Gucci etc. who should stick to making clothes. The watch ranges that all of the above produce are also ***** in my opinion.

My own style is Acqua di Parma or Chanel Allure / , smart, un-logo'd 'designer' clothes and a big eff off Tag Heuer Carrera watch discreetly worn.

Call me a poofta if you want, I don't care...

Caractere by Daniel Hechter; unfortunately long since discontinued
Armani

JPG - le male
Davidoff - cool water
CK - euphoria men (obviously)

timps said:
I also have few bottles of Hi-karate aftershave left that my aunt bought me for Christmas.
:undwech:

D&G - The one in the zebra-stripey squirty thing.

Gives me bitch a wide-on.

D&G
Hugo Boss - Eau de Toilette.