Radio 1 Old skool mix....

smitch

Reaction score
Don't know if any of you guys listened to that DJ Kutski mix on Radio one on Sunday night but it was ****** marvelous!!

All old skool and quality mixing, i think you might be able to download it from the radio one websit off Davr Pearce's page.

Here's the track listing:

M&M – ‘I Feel This Way (Original Mix)’ (Suburban Base)
Elevation – ‘Expansion’
808 State – ‘Cubik’ (ZZT Records)
2nd Phase – ‘Mentasm’
Human Resource – ‘Dominator’ (Joey Beltram Mix)
Prodigy – ‘Charlie’ (XL Recordings)
Bizarre Inc – ‘Such a Feeling’ (Vinyl Solution)
Altern8 – ‘Activ8’ (Network)
Sonz of Loop da Loop Era – ‘Far Out’
Urban Hype – ‘I Feel The Heat’ (DJ Edit) (Cookie Jar)
Manix – ‘Feel Real Good’
Awesome 3 – ‘Don't Go’ (Kicks Like a Mule Mix)
SL2 ‘On A Ragga Tip’ (Virgin)

I did - it was class - couldn't find a podcast (or whatever they call em!)

it's on radio 1's listen again Dance Anthems starts an hour into it

Human Resource's Dominator is one tough tune.

And i think On a Ragga Tip has got to be one of my fave tunes to dance to.

Hmm... id rather it had slightly more "underground" tunes on it those are just all the big tunes. You can find mixes all over the internet with those tunes on to be honest.

There was a site where the radio 1 essential mixes could be downloaded....i'll see if I can find it.

silver75 said:
Hmm... id rather it had slightly more "underground" tunes on it those are just all the big tunes. You can find mixes all over the internet with those tunes on to be honest.

Having been there the first time round it's just a bit of a trip down memory lane.

Urban Hype - I feel the heat and Dominator are both serious tunes, i wouldn't exactly call em mainstream. :ermm:

Some good tunes on there dude, is it on listen again???

takes me back reading that tracklist LOL:rockwoot: :music:

smitch said:
Urban Hype - I feel the heat and Dominator are both serious tunes, i wouldn't exactly call em mainstream. :ermm:

..no... but charlie, on a ragga tip, activ8 etc are. Not saying its a bad mix but so many old school dj's play the same tunes

I wouldn't say they're bad tunes, they're classics, but i think they've just been overplayed. Most of em are over 15 uears old!!!

I remember being at Swing in Reading and seeing Prodigy do charlie live, that Keith Flint could ******* move.

Damn, should have looked first myself!!!

Do i get a comission??? :whistle2: