Badger5AH Fabrications
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. #1
    smitch's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,585

    Vauxhall Corsa VXR....

    Anyone read about these.........

    http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/coming....aspx?page=127

    Looks like they'll be caning us 1.8T drivers and snapping at the heels of S3's.

    Bloody quick little thing, and look at the price!
    S4.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    2,488
    and it looks like vom too.

    from the side it looks like a 206 / rover25 / seat altea..... none of which would exactly be described as beautiful...


  4. #3
    smitch's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,585
    F*cking quick though!!!
    S4.

  5. #4
    C_Audiboy's Avatar
    Vroom Vroom

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    811
    Its only got a 1.6 engine and has 190BHP F F Sake!!!

    ...... must have a massive turbo.

    I wonder how many boy-racer Corsa tossers will die in one of these?
    -------------------------

    987 Boxster 2.7 (05) - Current
    A3 2.0T Quattro S-Line (55) - gone
    S3 Quattro (02) - gone

    -------------------------


  6. #5
    S6 avant

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    bewdley Worcestershire
    Posts
    689
    lots hopefully! fast is the only thing its got going for it! and at the end of the day, dog sh!t is fast if you throw it off a cliff but its still dog sh!t.
    2000 s6 avant, special order met, green, satnav, Bose, tv, solar roof, privacy glass, recaro silver nappa.

  7. #6
    rodenal's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,982
    Vauxhalls are alright these days, had a new 3 door astra sri cdti as a courtesy car for a while, steering was ****e but loved the rest of the car.

    mind u all the last gen's of corsas were horrid little things
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

    You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

  8. #7
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    I'm a bigger Vauxhall fan than I am an Audi one, but the current Vauxhall range looks horrid IMO.

    There's no way I'd pay £15K+ for a Vauxhall Corsa.

  9. #8
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Isle Of Lewis, NW Scotland, UK
    Posts
    197
    I am not a fan of the new corsa at all, just looks wrong from all angles. No doubt every second car you see on the road will be a corsa though! I much prefer the look of the Mk5 5 door astras with the Irmscher styling pack, wouldn't say no to one of them with the 1.9 CDTI 150 engine, and have a power box fitted to take the power to 200 BHP, which would be plenty fast!!!
    My Fleet:
    B7 Audi A4 3.0 TDi 233 S-line Quattro
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 Quattro
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 SE
    B3 Audi 80 2.0 8v Sport

  10. #9
    rodenal's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,982
    The 150 engine was in the car i had for a while, it was a 3 door tho - pretty quick even as a 150, so taking it to 200 would be plenty of fun.

    Didnt they make a ltd edition 888 diesel one with a 'power' button to boost it up to about 210bhp when u wanted?
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

    You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

  11. #10
    batwad's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beds
    Posts
    841
    Looks like a toy car, doesn't look mean at all. Plus the interior will feel crap and the seats will be awful. And who's going to see a Corsa go past them and think "ooooh, that's nice" apart from a Chav?
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

  12. #11
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Isle Of Lewis, NW Scotland, UK
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by rodenal
    The 150 engine was in the car i had for a while, it was a 3 door tho - pretty quick even as a 150, so taking it to 200 would be plenty of fun.

    Didnt they make a ltd edition 888 diesel one with a 'power' button to boost it up to about 210bhp when u wanted?
    Thurlby made a handfull of 3 door sporthatches tuned to 200 BHP, and put lowered suspension and OZ racing wheels on them. But as far as i can see, they struggled to sell them, as most of them were white! I am not a fan of the astra sporthatch, but i quite like the 5 door with the irmscher factory kit fitted.
    My Fleet:
    B7 Audi A4 3.0 TDi 233 S-line Quattro
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 Quattro
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 SE
    B3 Audi 80 2.0 8v Sport

  13. #12
    dgannon69's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Worcester, England
    Posts
    465
    trouble is though is that its a CORSA and they only really apeal to chavs, and kids my age unfortunatly when it comes to been a hot hatch...

    i think the people who will want one will struggle like hell to get insured on the thing won't they!!!

    Clever people who would look at the corsa will probably go for the Clio anyway won't they?

    I'd have to ram it off the road if it passed me!!

    Dave
    1.8T A3 --- AmD RR @ 195bhp, 18" Pollished RS4's

  14. #13
    rodenal's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,982
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald_MacIver
    Thurlby made a handfull of 3 door sporthatches tuned to 200 BHP, and put lowered suspension and OZ racing wheels on them. But as far as i can see, they struggled to sell them, as most of them were white! I am not a fan of the astra sporthatch, but i quite like the 5 door with the irmscher factory kit fitted.

    Ahhh thats what it was, yeah i only like the 5 door with the irmischer kit fitted, i really really like the 3 door tho, im thinkin about one next year once they half in value lol
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

    You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!

  15. #14
    TDI-line's Avatar
    Uber Post Whore

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Peterborough
    Posts
    8,885
    Looks nice.

    2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

  16. #15
    K7ERG's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bridge of Earn
    Posts
    350
    888 astra diesel is the best looking car vauxhall have out at the moment. (Even in white) With good MPG and performance 200bhp 333lb/ft.
    Audi A6 2.5 5Cyl tdi Quattro running 180ps 370Nm @0.9bar soon to be over 200ps

    AUDI URS4, URS6 and A4 1.8T breaking Lots of spares available at good prices. Large parts require collecting.

  17. #16
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by KKK26
    888 astra diesel is the best looking car vauxhall have out at the moment. (Even in white) With good MPG and performance 200bhp 333lb/ft.
    Yep, big brakes too,......and nearly as fast as an Astra VXR round a track.

    It's one of the few new Vauxhalls I'd own.

  18. #17
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad
    the seats will be awful
    Not really.

    That's one of their BETTER points.

  19. #18
    K7ERG's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Bridge of Earn
    Posts
    350
    i am sure there more power could be had with a remap.
    Audi A6 2.5 5Cyl tdi Quattro running 180ps 370Nm @0.9bar soon to be over 200ps

    AUDI URS4, URS6 and A4 1.8T breaking Lots of spares available at good prices. Large parts require collecting.

  20. #19
    batwad's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Beds
    Posts
    841
    Re. Vauxhall seats: a friend of mine's got an 06 plate Astra sportback, supposedly with sports seats. After coming from my A3 I felt they were really unsupportive in comparison. What really got me though was the flimsy release mechanism to make them lift forward - I've had tougher spaghetti!

    The final insult was when I had to get out to let someone into the back. The seat tilts and slides forwards to let the person in the back, fair enough, but you then have to lift the flimsy handle to get the seat to tilt back again (it locks in the tilted-forward position). I've just had to subject myself to your naff handle to let them in and I've got to do it again? What a ballache!

    That wasn't half as annoying, though, as the fact that when the seat folds back it's in the foremost position. So you've either got to fold yourself into the seat and move it back or bend down, move it back and then sit down. Did anybody actually try using these seats when the car was being developed?

    That's what I love most about Audi, everything in the interior feels quality and well thought-out, like having seat release handles on both sides of the seats so the driver can easily fold the passenger seat forwards and the seats nifty lifting mechanism that preserves their setup. With so many people on here whinging about Audi seats lately they should try spending a weekend in a Vauxhall and see how frustrated they get.

    </rant>
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

  21. #20
    rodenal's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,982
    I make people get in the passenger side to go in the back of my car anyway so i dont have to get out, so it'd be the passengers problem not mine

  22. #21
    Soupie69uk's Avatar
    Owner

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    2,751
    I like it.

    Was reading about it in this months evo. Recaro seats like the Rs4, 190bhp and on paper seems to be a good one.

    Was quite like a shot in one.
    A4 1.8T Quattro

  23. #22
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,562
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad
    Re. Vauxhall seats: a friend of mine's got an 06 plate Astra sportback, supposedly with sports seats. After coming from my A3 I felt they were really unsupportive in comparison. What really got me though was the flimsy release mechanism to make them lift forward - I've had tougher spaghetti!

    The final insult was when I had to get out to let someone into the back. The seat tilts and slides forwards to let the person in the back, fair enough, but you then have to lift the flimsy handle to get the seat to tilt back again (it locks in the tilted-forward position). I've just had to subject myself to your naff handle to let them in and I've got to do it again? What a ballache!

    That wasn't half as annoying, though, as the fact that when the seat folds back it's in the foremost position. So you've either got to fold yourself into the seat and move it back or bend down, move it back and then sit down. Did anybody actually try using these seats when the car was being developed?

    That's what I love most about Audi, everything in the interior feels quality and well thought-out, like having seat release handles on both sides of the seats so the driver can easily fold the passenger seat forwards and the seats nifty lifting mechanism that preserves their setup. With so many people on here whinging about Audi seats lately they should try spending a weekend in a Vauxhall and see how frustrated they get.

    </rant>
    Depends on the model.

    As stated by the last poster, some models have genuine Recaro,...................same as an Audi.

    Even the old Vectra GSi's got them

    None of which were as cool as the Champion Leather Recaros in my GTE though

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO