Vauxhall Corsa VXR....

and it looks like vom too.

from the side it looks like a 206 / rover25 / seat altea..... none of which would exactly be described as beautiful...

F*cking quick though!!!

Its only got a 1.6 engine and has 190BHP F F Sake!!!

...... must have a massive turbo.

I wonder how many boy-racer Corsa tossers will die in one of these?

lots hopefully! fast is the only thing its got going for it! and at the end of the day, dog sh!t is fast if you throw it off a cliff but its still dog sh!t.

Vauxhalls are alright these days, had a new 3 door astra sri cdti as a courtesy car for a while, steering was ***** but loved the rest of the car.

mind u all the last gen's of corsas were horrid little things

I'm a bigger Vauxhall fan than I am an Audi one, but the current Vauxhall range looks horrid IMO.

There's no way I'd pay £15K+ for a Vauxhall Corsa.

I am not a fan of the new corsa at all, just looks wrong from all angles. No doubt every second car you see on the road will be a corsa though! I much prefer the look of the Mk5 5 door astras with the Irmscher styling pack, wouldn't say no to one of them with the 1.9 CDTI 150 engine, and have a power box fitted to take the power to 200 BHP, which would be plenty fast!!!

The 150 engine was in the car i had for a while, it was a 3 door tho - pretty quick even as a 150, so taking it to 200 would be plenty of fun.

Didnt they make a ltd edition 888 diesel one with a 'power' button to boost it up to about 210bhp when u wanted?

Looks like a toy car, doesn't look mean at all. Plus the interior will feel crap and the seats will be awful. And who's going to see a Corsa go past them and think "ooooh, that's nice" apart from a Chav?

rodenal said:
The 150 engine was in the car i had for a while, it was a 3 door tho - pretty quick even as a 150, so taking it to 200 would be plenty of fun.

Didnt they make a ltd edition 888 diesel one with a 'power' button to boost it up to about 210bhp when u wanted?

Thurlby made a handfull of 3 door sporthatches tuned to 200 BHP, and put lowered suspension and OZ racing wheels on them. But as far as i can see, they struggled to sell them, as most of them were white! I am not a fan of the astra sporthatch, but i quite like the 5 door with the irmscher factory kit fitted.

trouble is though is that its a CORSA and they only really apeal to chavs, and kids my age unfortunatly when it comes to been a hot hatch...

i think the people who will want one will struggle like hell to get insured on the thing won't they!!!

Clever people who would look at the corsa will probably go for the Clio anyway won't they?

I'd have to ram it off the road if it passed me!!:(

Dave

Donald_MacIver said:
Thurlby made a handfull of 3 door sporthatches tuned to 200 BHP, and put lowered suspension and OZ racing wheels on them. But as far as i can see, they struggled to sell them, as most of them were white! I am not a fan of the astra sporthatch, but i quite like the 5 door with the irmscher factory kit fitted.

Ahhh thats what it was, yeah i only like the 5 door with the irmischer kit fitted, i really really like the 3 door tho, im thinkin about one next year once they half in value lol

KKK26 said:
888 astra diesel is the best looking car vauxhall have out at the moment. (Even in white) With good MPG and performance 200bhp 333lb/ft.

Yep, big brakes too,......and nearly as fast as an Astra VXR round a track.

It's one of the few new Vauxhalls I'd own.

Re. Vauxhall seats: a friend of mine's got an 06 plate Astra sportback, supposedly with sports seats. After coming from my A3 I felt they were really unsupportive in comparison. What really got me though was the flimsy release mechanism to make them lift forward - I've had tougher spaghetti!

The final insult was when I had to get out to let someone into the back. The seat tilts and slides forwards to let the person in the back, fair enough, but you then have to lift the flimsy handle to get the seat to tilt back again (it locks in the tilted-forward position). I've just had to subject myself to your naff handle to let them in and I've got to do it again? What a ballache!

That wasn't half as annoying, though, as the fact that when the seat folds back it's in the foremost position. So you've either got to fold yourself into the seat and move it back or bend down, move it back and then sit down. Did anybody actually try using these seats when the car was being developed?

That's what I love most about Audi, everything in the interior feels quality and well thought-out, like having seat release handles on both sides of the seats so the driver can easily fold the passenger seat forwards and the seats nifty lifting mechanism that preserves their setup. With so many people on here whinging about Audi seats lately they should try spending a weekend in a Vauxhall and see how frustrated they get.

</rant> :gun2: :angrymod:

I make people get in the passenger side to go in the back of my car anyway so i dont have to get out, so it'd be the passengers problem not mine :)

I like it.

Was reading about it in this months evo. Recaro seats like the Rs4, 190bhp and on paper seems to be a good one.

Was quite like a shot in one.

batwad said:
Re. Vauxhall seats: a friend of mine's got an 06 plate Astra sportback, supposedly with sports seats. After coming from my A3 I felt they were really unsupportive in comparison. What really got me though was the flimsy release mechanism to make them lift forward - I've had tougher spaghetti!

The final insult was when I had to get out to let someone into the back. The seat tilts and slides forwards to let the person in the back, fair enough, but you then have to lift the flimsy handle to get the seat to tilt back again (it locks in the tilted-forward position). I've just had to subject myself to your naff handle to let them in and I've got to do it again? What a ballache!

That wasn't half as annoying, though, as the fact that when the seat folds back it's in the foremost position. So you've either got to fold yourself into the seat and move it back or bend down, move it back and then sit down. Did anybody actually try using these seats when the car was being developed?

That's what I love most about Audi, everything in the interior feels quality and well thought-out, like having seat release handles on both sides of the seats so the driver can easily fold the passenger seat forwards and the seats nifty lifting mechanism that preserves their setup. With so many people on here whinging about Audi seats lately they should try spending a weekend in a Vauxhall and see how frustrated they get.

</rant> :gun2: :angrymod:

Depends on the model.

As stated by the last poster, some models have genuine Recaro,...................same as an Audi.

Even the old Vectra GSi's got them ;)

None of which were as cool as the Champion Leather Recaros in my GTE though :blownose: