Credit Card Cloning - Hemel Hempstead.....

spuddie007

Thomas the Tank Engine - Choo, Choo!
Reaction score
Hi All

Just thought I'd warn anyone out and about around the Hemel Hempstead area not to use a credit or debit card in either the Shell Garage or the BP Garafe on Breakspear Way. My credit card was cloned before Christmas at the Shell garage and this week at the BP.

Barclaycard are aware of the situation, I'm just lucky it was my company credit card so I'm totally covered.

Anyways - just beware........

Spuddie :)

we have similar problem in worcester involving all 3 bp garages.

they are all run by the same family and were caught in the summer last year , they were then caught again not long before christmas.

the cloned cards were being used in malaysia etc

but this is the best bit in our local paper, the police have said they dont have enough evidence to prosecute anyone for it? wtf!!!

they know which days they were cloned and the cctv shows who was serving but still hvent got enough evindence.

i bet if i went down the road doing 31mph in a 30 zone they would find enough evidence

alan

205man said:
we have similar problem in worcester involving all 3 bp garages.

they are all run by the same family and were caught in the summer last year , they were then caught again not long before christmas.

the cloned cards were being used in malaysia etc

but this is the best bit in our local paper, the police have said they dont have enough evidence to prosecute anyone for it? wtf!!!

they know which days they were cloned and the cctv shows who was serving but still hvent got enough evindence.

i bet if i went down the road doing 31mph in a 30 zone they would find enough evidence

alan

WTF !!!!:wtf: :wtf:
they should be beaten, whats the point of catching them if no one can "do" them. It seams the police are just thinking it's ok the cash is insured through the card company. Much the same as thieves break into your house/car and think it's ok to take these items as they are covered by insureance.

Sorry for the rant, pet hate

some bonzo used my egg card last week to buy two apple computers, they were due to be posted to my home address???, Egg suspected it was fraud and phoned me and then apple to cancel the transaction. The card was in my wallet all the time.