UFC 66, any fans on the forum? (potential result spoiler within)

pea.

Reaction score
Guys/Gals
Any UFC or MMA fans on here?
Who saw UFC66 last night? What did you think of the results?
I was... Happy for Bisping, gutted for Griffin and indifferent with the Ortiz Liddell fight-
I've been following Ortiz training blog and I really thought if he would ever beat the Iceman it would have been now, I've always been a Chuck fan and feel he gets a bad press for being one dimensional-
I really don't think he is, he's just too good at what he does and simply hasn't been tested on the ground recently!!!
Since his stint as a coach on TUF i've got a lot more respect for Ortiz so I was really looking forward to the fight, fair play to the ref for letting the fight continue after the first round, lesser refs would have stepped in and he was right not to

I personally can't wait for Rampage Liddel 2, gonna be mental!!!

Anyone speak my language?!

HAHAHAHAHA

April 2006 - season 3 was the last one I watched..

:respekt: Ortiz

Yeah, that was the one where Ken Shamrock acted like a spoilt brat-
The new ones starting up soon, you should watch it!
I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so who won the ortiz fight?

pity i missed it - i usually follow UFC :(

ortiz would be my favourite lol (without being gay :p )

Iceman destroyed him again, it came very very close to being stopped in the first but Tito survived on the bell-
In the second he came back and momentarily got Chucks back (he was free in seconds)
Eddie Bravo actually scored it 10 - 9 to Tito that round but then in the 3rd Chuck picked him apart-
It all felt a little bit stunted, the fight didn't really flow, gotta take my hat off to Tito but the Iceman is unstoppable!!!
(Maybe until he faces Rampage again)

quote of the day...

"He who cuts the wood warms himself twice"

Yep always watch UFC, Pride and K1

I personally can't wait for Rampage Liddel 2, gonna be mental!!!

Last time they met

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQOGIFFs85E

I think Rampage has lost his edge and chuck has improved a lot since they last met.

Chuck’s stance looks awful with his hands down by his side but it is very effective for him.

After the first Couture fight, chuck improved his game so I do not think a ground fighter like Tito is going to beat him now, but a good striker without the fear of a takedown might catch him.

hmmm....is it me or is UFC turning more and more like WWF the more it gets popular? Im talking about all the hype and pre fight "banter"

Wanderlei Silva (sp?) would have give him a run for his money I reckon but they messed that fight up didn't they!
I have that Rampage fight on a Pride DVD
Your right in that Rampage isn't as good as he once was and Chuck is better now-
I've got a mate who loves Pride and hates UFC, would love to see Chuck do him to finally shut him up!

(It wouldn't though!)

Cro Cop is a welcome addition, about time someone destroyed Silvia!!!

silver75 said:
hmmm....is it me or is UFC turning more and more like WWF the more it gets popular? Im talking about all the hype and pre fight "banter"

Hmmm, yeah, it's you!

Gotta have a bit of banter mate!
But as a side note, I love the fights between true friends...

Griffin - Bonnar, Sell - Smith

Love the crazy high fives between blows!

Also, the World Wildlife Fund? Whats that got to do with owt?!!