How eventful was your Xmas?

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
I picked up my parents on Friday night who have flown over from SA for Xmas. The old mill building 2 doors down from my terraced house caught fire on Saturday night, and we were evacuated for the night. We were alowed back into the house on Sunday. We were then told that the gable-end of the mill building was unsafe and that it was going to be pulled down. Demolition started on Xmas day, but we were allowed to continue cooking the meal for 12 people while it was being done. At 14:30, just as we are about to sit down for lunch, the gable wall collapses, showering my neighbours house and my house with bricks, concrete and slate. I ended up with several bricks and slate chunks chunks bursting through my kitchen door and dinning room window. I've lost the guttering on that side of the house, all the drainage pipework, a upvc door, a large window and several roof tiles, and a case of beer that was keeping cold outside the back door.

My neighbours house took the majority of the impact, I'm just glad nobody was hurt. I've now got a few days of inspectors, assessors and loss adjusters to occupy me, as well as police and reporters to contend with.

I've sent my parents down to London to recover form the ordeal, to my sister who has just given birth to a girl.:undwech:

It looks like the entire mill is going to be demolished now.

I had food posisioning on xmas day from something i ate on xmas eve. Only had my xmas dinner for tea last night! other than that same old same old really!

Well that a xmas you wont forget one to tell the gran children and the nurse that brings your tea to you when they shove you in a old folks home..lol

Sorry to hear you had a bit of a nightmare fella; hope it didn't totally ruin your holidays and that you get everything ship shape again with no fuss.

All the best,

Rob.

filipharvey said:
Take it that the car wasn't damaged???

My thoughts exactly as I read that. Glad it's ok. Sorry about the beer though :mad: