The Sweet thread.

jojo

Looking for Boost!
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Post your favourite sweets or chocolate, preferably with a picture, remind us of any classics or your current favourites.

I really love these, Cola bottle sweets.

100_0985.jpg

I know!!! It was a long time ago though. The chap I bought my last audi from was in the USAF and so had a huge supply of mountain dew, of which he gave me a crate with the car!

I think the ban was down to sugar content and E numbers if I recall correctly, but I was a lot younger then!

From Wikipedia ( so it MUST be true ;-) )

A version of the drink (Mountain Dew) was marketed for three years in the UK during the late 1990s. Many believe the urban legend that Mountain Dew is illegal (in its American formulation) to sell in the UK due to its high caffeine content and excessive artificial ingredients. However, the version sold in the UK
was a lurid green color and contained far more caffeine, synthetic sugars, and artificial colorings than the American version. It even discolored the teeth and tongue of its drinkers for several hours after consumption.

So why didn't they just sell the american version over here??? Sod it, I'm gonna buy some off ebay now!!!!

filipharvey said:
From Wikipedia ( so it MUST be true ;-) )

A version of the drink (Mountain Dew) was marketed for three years in the UK during the late 1990s. Many believe the urban legend that Mountain Dew is illegal (in its American formulation) to sell in the UK due to its high caffeine content and excessive artificial ingredients. However, the version sold in the UK
was a lurid green color and contained far more caffeine, synthetic sugars, and artificial colorings than the American version. It even discolored the teeth and tongue of its drinkers for several hours after consumption.

So why didn't they just sell the american version over here??? Sod it, I'm gonna buy some off ebay now!!!!

Thats insane!

On a serious note...I could definatly hook you guys up the Mountain Dew.
Its like water over here.

Just got to bump this up, my girlfriend is claiming that orange smarties taste different to the others... is this true or ********? I swear they all taste the same....:think:

silver75 said:
Just got to bump this up, my girlfriend is claiming that orange smarties taste different to the others... is this true or ********? I swear they all taste the same....:think:

I'm agreeing with your better half buddy... they do taste different :icon_thumright:

Darthvader said:
I'm agreeing with your better half buddy... they do taste different :icon_thumright:

I second that, they have a hint of orange taste, probably need to suck on a couple to get the effect though. :hubbahubba:

Darthvader said:

jojo said:
I second that, they have a hint of orange taste, probably need to suck on a couple to get the effect though.

^^^^scandalous lies/propaganda/media hype/racial slurs....

they all taste the same! :noway:

silver75 said:
^^^^scandalous lies/propaganda/media hype/racial slurs....

they all taste the same! :noway:

"Oh no they dont...." (spoken in the churchill dog insurance accent lol)

Justincredible said:
Thats insane!

Group buy?! :)

Justincredible said:
Thats insane!

everytime i come back from the states i fill a bag up with 5 bottles of the diet stuff, freakin love it!

u can get chocolate tools at makro!

my gf loves them!

Here is proof that the orange Smarties do taste of orange!

Somebody at Nestlé said:

Smarties
are brightly colored, sugar coated sweets with a milk chocolate center. The mix comprises eight colors - red, yellow, orange, green, mauve, pink, brown and blue. The orange sweet has orange flavoring in the chocolate center.

jdp1962 said:
Blimey, TDI! That don't half take me back. They were fantastic.

They were all i used to eat when i was a kid think they started off at 2p then horrors of horrors they went up to 3p and i had to start mugging old ladies, I sometimes smoother my tool in chocolate and let the wife have a little nibble just to take us back to the good old days, i usually pass her by when she offers me her prawn cocktail nik naks though

I used to love 'Gobstoppers'. (Sorry no pic)

I always took it as a challenge..............!! Like wagon wheels, you had to get a whole one in your mouth, without folding, and then,,,,,,, try to actually chew it without suffocating.....

nearly 2 in the morning and u had to remind me of sweets didnt u!!...well my favorites from the good old days has to be toffee crunch, anyone remember them they use to be pillow shaped!...oh and strawberry sherbert and bonbons.

anyone remember these alphabet sweets use to come in a box with the rhymes on the sides....how did they go again?

silver75 said:

I got a big tube of pink Smarties off a mate at Christmas, they definitely tasted different. :yum:

smitch said:
I got a big tube of pink Smarties off a mate at Christmas, they definitely tasted different. :yum:

Ah, the pink ones... I had a couple of them once... not sure they tasted different though :whistle2:

Got a selection box from my sis as well, all old skool stuff from:

www.aquarterof.co.uk

Quality, they've got popping candy the lot.

Chocolate wise, Green and Blacks Maya Gold rules :rockwoot: .