The Sweet thread.

I said them earlier in the thread, and someone then sung the song! :)

Ahh ******. Couldn't be ***** reading the whole thread again so thought I would ask anyway and hope nobody would notice
getmecoat.gif

Pottie Lottie would probably have pointed it out sooner or later in her usual subtle way
chairshot.gif

hahah dont blame you for not wanting to read thru 3 pages of sweets talk! HAHAHA

yes... or that...

HAHAHA,

How about Yorkshire Mixture.... yum!

Wots a Yorkshire mixture?

I've heard of a 10p mix. Is it the same?:think:

Mind you, nowadays 10p would barely buy the little white paper bag! :mad:

nah, its one of them older kinda sweets... you know... the ones where the shop person has to measure them out...

they are a mix of shapes... some round, wheel type, some fish shape... all solid sugar goodness!

I used to like double deckers (not a euphemism) but you can't get them anymore :(

Got ya now mate :thumbsup:. When I was a kid it was cool to be seen with a bag of Hundreds and Thousands or a bag of Apple & Custard tarts :arco:

What did they call those small cups of ice cream with some bubble gum at the bottom? :uhm:

Get my car tax while your out please? And I'll pay for your Wham bars.

Deal?

kinder bueno

there is no better choc

although toblerone does finish a close second

Urm, what about that stuff you got as a kid that when you poured it in your mouth its cracked...

Ahh ******! I know the stuff your talking about too...

yes... thats the one... I wanted to say Star Dust but I think thats summat totally different!

Lindt Choc balls(no jokes, ok some), the red wrapper/box, god they are good, but now someone mentioned wispa choc bars I cant find an open garage this time night I want one man chocolate is a sin, but so is sex but hey feck it, lol.

okay the day is saved, mars bar ice creams in the freezer & jaffa cakes in cupboard, phew lucky there, lol.

Is it me or do mars bars keep dieting & then putting on weight, I'm sure those ******** keep changing there sizes???

Good call with the Mars Bar ice-cream. I've taken a notion for one now.

What about the packets of fish and chips they were so nice.
Anyone know if you can get them still??

the white ones? Not seen them in ages, dunno about a packet tho??

NO NO not those, the ones that are more like little biscuits not sweets..
Anyone know what i'm on about

GetImage.aspx

Whatever happened to those lush Minstrel-like sweets called Vice Versas?​

Vice Versas were produced by Nestlé and were introduced in 1991. They were the same shape and size as Minstrels, but were far more exciting to eat. You had white-shelled ones with milk chocolate inside and chocolate coloured shelled ones with white chocolate inside. They really were dreamy!​

These little bubbles of yum were later discontinued, and the nation were deprived from their tastiness.​

It was then in 2004 that joy hit us once more when Vice Versas were relaunched! However, within a year they were once again whipped from our shelves. Every Vice Versa addict on the planet was left asking the question WHY?​

Nestlé released this statement on their website about Vice Versas and their other products that have been discontinued:​

"We are sorry to inform you that the products have been withdrawn from our range due to the high cost of production and the relatively low level of sales. We would like to assure you that the decision to withdraw any product is reached only with great reluctance and we regret any disappointment this product's absence has caused you."

I remember fish and chips that were really saulty and almost like crisps?!?!?! They were thick little biscuits.

up until reading this thread i had forgotten how good they were, i shovelled them down as a kid, along with tangy toms, petrified prawns and the aptly named onion rings...

the cravings have kicked in again now :sadlike:

there is even a petition to bring them back so it cant be just me...lets get as.net behind it

http://www.petitiononline.com/bbbfac/petition.html