Anyone know anything about Tumble Dryers?

Mart

Reaction score
Hi all,

Not sure if any one here knows anything about tumble Dryers, I have a Hotpoint Tumble Dryer that seems to have stopped working properly.
It makes noise, and I can feel heat coming from it, just that the drum doesn't seem to spin (tumble) any more.

Does anyone know what it could be, and is it a easy fix. Not sure how to get into it, but is there a belt that could have come loose somewhere?

Cheers in advance for any help anyone may be able to give.

I'd assume it was belt driven and the belt has either fallen off or worn out. Just whip the back off and have a look, what's the worst that could happen?!?!?!?!

Compared to a car it can't be that complicated. :uhm:

tumble dryers are very simple, just pull it out and unscre the access panel on the back, switch it on and have a look at whats going on. If the belt has come adrift or is broken then it will be very simple to fix, make sure you unplug it first before putting your hands in though, the motor will take off your fingers if you get them caught.

Took what I thought was the service entrance to the unit, on the back, just to find more metal in the way! Luckily after a bit of seaching, and contacting the previous owners of the house (they left it here), turns out it is still covered by a extended warranty, and they dropped the receipt through my letter box.
But of a result, espically so close to xmas, and not wanting to pay out for these things.

If you fix it yourself (~£8+1/2hr), check that the exhaust system is not leaking inside the machine causing the belt to suffer excess heat and die early.