DO YOU GARAGE YOUR CAR?

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
I have a garage but as it was built 30 years ago, all that will fit into it would be a Fiat 126, its a bit pathetic really. I cleaned it out once and managed to get my Toyota Supra in there, but then couldn't actually get out of the car so that died a death rather quickly.

So does anyone here actually manage to get their car into their garage? When I buy my next house i'm gonna have a double one.

I also use my garage as a sort of "blokey hangout" where I go to clean my tools and tinker with engines :cool:

S3 in one garage, Corrado in the other, can't see any sense in spending all that money on a car and then keeping the lawnmower in the garage. And there's nothing like getting in the car, starting the engine then pressing the button to open the door, no ice scraping or kettles or de-icer, the car's almost warm before you start :cool:

Garages are few and far between where i live. I do have allocated underground parking under my flat block but i've had a MK1 Golf GTI cabby stashed down there for the last 12 months that i'm too lazy to sell so the A4 lives out in the elements. Don't really care if it gets wet but the golf needs to be kept in the dry cos she's old.

I have a carport (garage without a door :shrug:) where my car lives at night... it's a tight squeeze so any passengers have to get out before I drive in. I've had to put carpet on the walls to save my doors too!

I have a garage with underfloor heating and it has it's own thermostatically controlled branch off the central heating system. It's maintained at a perfect 18.5 degrees all year round. It also has an 11 psi positive pressure containment so that no dust or airbourn nasties can get inside.:whistle2:

Sorry, I'm bored at work today, that us utter bullocks.

we did have a 20year old wooden garage at the house but i eventually mangaged to persuade my dad to get a concrete one

it can only hold one car and mine usually sits in when im home but its starting to become messy

when i get my own house or build - im definately having a double or triple garage!

Parked on drive, have too much junk in the garage to fit a bar in there! Plus some bright spark who owned the house before me, put shelves up next to the door, so now garage door doesn't open, haven't had change to move them yet!

I have no garage, just a drive, but the next house must have a double garage regardless.

Thats on my wish list for my next house big garage with Power and water ..big enough to fit 2 poster ramp and high enough ceiling so it can go right up....

This is just phishing for addresses of ungaraged high-performance cars :busted_cop:

I have 2 garages as well and a drive big enough for 6 cars.

Claire got to choose the house so long as it had off road parking for at least 4 cars and a double/2 garages :)

It is lovely jumpiong in the car and not having to scrape off ice or wipe of condensation :)

J.

marriedblonde said:

Claire got to choose the house so long as it had off road parking for at least 4 cars and a double/2 garages :)

It is lovely jumpiong in the car and not having to scrape off ice or wipe of condensation :)

J.

Rich *******!:respekt:

I keep my two cars in the garage...
Electric doors, fully alarmed, warm...pitched roof for additional storage...and still room for my 3 roll cabs of tools, 2 engines and 2 gearboxes...along with a beer fridge and a chest freezer and my mountain bike.

You gotta love big double garages... :p

And a handy door through into the Utility Room...

Parking on my driveway for an additional 4 cars too. Very handy when I have all the boys over for a few drinks!

Don't have a garage in this house, but always garaged the car when I had one with previous houses. Like the man said, why fill the garage with junk that isn't worth ****, then leave the car outside?

jdp1962 said:
Like the man said, why fill the garage with junk that isn't worth ****, then leave the car outside?

I think I'm the only resident of my street who puts any car in the garage, never mind two of them.

The rest of the suburban saddos seem intent of parking their latest car outside to get one up on the neighbours...
First it was BMWs...
Then Audis...
Now it's SUVs the muppets are buying.
They all look idiots on these frosty mornings though...sitting there scraping their cars.
The really pathetic thing is that in most cases their garage is empty.

The other sad competition is the largest plasma/LCD flat panel...where you can always spot the new entrant to that competition as they no longer close their curtains/blinds, but leave their new TV on for all the passers by to admire.
How very sad...

marriedblonde said:

It is lovely jumpiong in the car and not having to scrape off ice or wipe of condensation :)J.

It's just a b*stard scraping the ice of the 6 cars in the driveway and then moving them out of the way so you can get your car out huh?:lmfao:

Ess_Three said:
The other sad competition is the largest plasma/LCD flat panel...where you can always spot the new entrant to that competition as they no longer close their curtains/blinds, but leave their new TV on for all the passers by to admire.
How very sad...

I was the exact opposite to that, when I bought my plasma, I folded the box down to the smallest I could get it and took it out for the dustman under the cover of darkness. I also put the screen so that it can't be seen from outside unless you stand against my front window, i may see someone doing that.

Why advertise to thieves what you have?!

A4Quattro said:
I was the exact opposite to that, when I bought my plasma, I folded the box down to the smallest I could get it and took it out for the dustman under the cover of darkness. I also put the screen so that it can't be seen from outside unless you stand against my front window, i may see someone doing that.

Why advertise to thieves what you have?!

Absolutely...
I agree 100%

Hence blinds shut when it's dark and I'm using my AV gear...and the cars are garaged.

You'd think that people would be more security consious nowadays, especially in a new development where new houses are always targets.

Muppets...

My mini takes home in the garage which is also a small chill out room, carpet, fridge(full of bear, wine and coke for the JD's), heated
Th ebeast has to take resisdence on the drive way....So I have to scrape her every morning...na too much effort half a dozen squeezes on the de-icer and leave her running

marmite said:
My mini takes home in the garage which is also a small chill out room, carpet, fridge(full of bear, wine and coke for the JD's), heated

Nice!
You need some 'comforts' in your garage.

I have all my tools...many spares, beers, wine, vodka in the freezer, a TV with magic eye to change the Sky channel, HiFi, phone...
A proper 'boys room'.

BTW Simon...
Why do you have Bear in your fridge?
marmite said:
fridge(full of bear, )

Th ebeast has to take resisdence on the drive way....So I have to scrape her every morning...na too much effort half a dozen squeezes on the de-icer and leave her running

Surely you 'darn sarf' types don't get too much frost?

My road has been white for 2 days now with no signs of clearing.
Good job I've shod the GTI with Pirellis finest winter boots...I got sick of getting stuck last winter!

Ess_Three said:

This morning was hellish

the ice was a stupidly thick, a good 10-15mins with the scraper:nunu:

Ess_Three said:
Nice!
You need some 'comforts' in your garage.

I have all my tools...many spares, beers, wine, vodka in the freezer, a TV with magic eye to change the Sky channel, HiFi, phone...
A proper 'boys room'.

Mine is only a single garage but has a work bench Snap On box and every other gadget required for DIY use
Got a Slim device to stream my tunes from my server running through some Mission PC speakers, great for when I'am busy fixing the Mini

BTW Simon...
Why do you have Bear in your fridge?

My spelling is crap!! I type quickly and never read it after towards

PHP:
My road has been white for 2 days now with no signs of clearing.
Good job I've shod the GTI with Pirellis finest winter boots...I got sick of getting stuck last winter!

This moring was a nightmare my road was a sheet of ice, car park at work was a nightmare, got a customer with GT3 showing canvas on the rear tyres and he tried to drive it home, we wet ourselves watching him trying and trying to get out the carpark!!!!

BTW still got some posters for you Glen and the DVD will go missing for you so I hadn't forgoten!

had one at my last house. god i miss it! now i have to park under a tree which i am not allowed to cut down even tho it is doing its absolute best to wreck my f**kin paintwork.

marmite said:
This moring was a nightmare my road was a sheet of ice, car park at work was a nightmare, got a customer with GT3 showing canvas on the rear tyres and he tried to drive it home, we wet ourselves watching him trying and trying to get out the carpark!!!!

Heh-heh..
I didn't realise it was quite so chilly down the other end of the country just now.
This is the first real week of frost in Aberdeenshire.

One needs to drink substantially more of a weekend night, to fend off the cold, on the walk back from the nightspot.

BTW still got some posters for you Glen and the DVD will go missing for you so I hadn't forgoten!

You are a good man...!! Cheers...:beerchug:

I still live with my parents, we have a double garage which used to be for both parents cars, however, Dad has recently changed his car to a new A6 avant and it's too long for the garage! So my A4 now has a slot in the garage, has been very nice these last few mornings not having to de-ice!

missm said:
I've had to put carpet on the walls to save my doors too!
At least you didn't put these on!
93a2_1.JPG

arthurfuxake said:
I have a garage with underfloor heating and it has it's own thermostatically controlled branch off the central heating system. It's maintained at a perfect 18.5 degrees all year round. It also has an 11 psi positive pressure containment so that no dust or airbourn nasties can get inside.:whistle2:

Sorry, I'm bored at work today, that us utter bullocks.

:lmfao: Legend!

I used to garage mine every night but to be honest it probably gets just as much damage in that s**thole as it does outside; so if I know I'm going to be using it again soon or the garage is going to be blocked I'll leave it on the drive, but if I know it's going to be a day or two before I use it again I'll put it in the garage with a cover on.

Regards,

Rob.

Cars too big for the garage so it houses a spare set of wheels and all the other crap i took of my car and replaced. Used to have a clio and even that was a squeeze had to climb out dukes of hazard style.

Ess_Three said:
I keep my two cars in the garage...
Electric doors, fully alarmed, warm...pitched roof for additional storage...and still room for my 3 roll cabs of tools, 2 engines and 2 gearboxes...along with a beer fridge and a chest freezer and my mountain bike.

You gotta love big double garages... :p

And a handy door through into the Utility Room...

Parking on my driveway for an additional 4 cars too. Very handy when I have all the boys over for a few drinks!

I've got lots of respect for a man who has his prioritys in line. :)

Two car garage.
Holds both of my Mustangs.
DSC00396 (2).jpg

As far as my drive way....could probably park 50-60 cars end-to-end.

Now Im curious as to just low long my drive way actualy is. Hmmmm
I think I will go measure it and post the results.

Will also post pics of the garage.

Be back in a few.

Edit: Just "stepped" off the driveway. Its almost 700 foot (231 steps) end-to-end. Give or take about 10 foot.

Here is an aerial photo of my house and driveway...

Ive got the house in the right-center of the pic, just north of the two lane hwy, with the "blacktop" driveway that goes all the way around the house.

2.0 in the garage, 2.5 on the drive :) Trying to sell the 2.0 though! (pm if interested - 52 reg, 87k miles, FASH, £6k please)