What is the first record/cd you ever bought??

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
1st tune I ever bought was Richie Rich - Salsa House on 12" vinyl, waaaay back in '89

http://www.discogs.com/release/148509

I remember my mate taking me all the way to Camded to the Soul II Soul record/clothes shop where I picked it up :cool:

ps i know Im spamming just ultrabored...:lazy:

Do we get to GENUINELY nominate our first record, or do we get "Flamed " for suggesting it???:lmfao:

7" Single - "Blockbuster" by Sweet:yes:

Deep heat 2 the second burn on 12 inch.

******* classic tunes now.

Robin Beck - that coca-cola song... :think: :whistle2:

hey thats not fair Ming - I'm not allowed to insult you because of "the deal" we brokered but posting that is just asking for it! Let me read the terms and conditions of our contract and i'll be right back!

neversaydie said:
hey thats not fair Ming - I'm not allowed to insult you because of "the deal" we brokered but posting that is just asking for it! Let me read the terms and conditions of our contract and i'll be right back!

eh? is it that bad? I think its a good song... or isn't it?!?! :moa:

****** server was playing up!!!

Just had a look at volume 9, that beloved tune's alright and i like Banned in america by 2 live crew.

It takes two and Say a little prayer are my Faves on volume 2.

Rob Base ******* anthem!!!

I think mine might have been Sub Sub feat. Melanie Williams - Ain't No Love.

28v6 said:
Do we get to GENUINELY nominate our first record, or do we get "Flamed " for suggesting it???:lmfao:

7" Single - "Blockbuster" by Sweet:yes:

Class, I made the grave mistake of buying that very song on one of those "non original artist" compilations, without realising it was all session musicians doing covers. Had to save up more pocket money to eventually get the real thing, along with Can the Can by Suzi Haldex (or was it Quattro?)

batwad said:
I think mine might have been Sub Sub feat. Melanie Williams - Ain't No Love.

I met her when she came into my sister's music shop :)

My first one was King, Love & Pride (1984/5?).

Pink floyd is classic

I'm just a young un so puff daddy - no way out on cd :ohmy: circa 1997

vinyl is a bit before my time

Deep Heat !!!!!! CLASSIC'S!!!!!!!! not seen those deep heat logo's for years Legend!!!!! brought it all back...Gonna see if I can find mine "TELSTAR" ha those were the days.

My first serious musical purchase must have been "HOUSE" Collections "Best Of House etc on vinal and I still have them somewhere... Farley jackmaster etc (ask your older brothers dads etc)

arthurfuxake said:
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon on vinyl - bought by me in 1986

Another true classic. :thumbsup:

HOUCH said:
My first serious musical purchase must have been "HOUSE" Collections "Best Of House etc on vinal and I still have them somewhere... Farley jackmaster etc (ask your older brothers dads etc)

got a couple of these compilation albums on vinyl Todd Terry, Marshal Jefferson etc

HOUCH said:
...pump up the Jam first single bought(technotronic)

got this too... :blush:

"Jennifer Eccles" by the Hollies, and "Lazy Sunday" by the Small Faces, for my birthday in 1968.

Now where's my zimmer frame?

AndyMac said:
Class, I made the grave mistake of buying that very song on one of those "non original artist" compilations, without realising it was all session musicians doing covers
Heheh! We had them, too. I once watched an interview on TV with the guy whose job it was to sing the cover of Bohemian Rhapsody. He said it took him weeks just to identify all the zillions of harmonies, then weeks more to recreate them. When he'd finished it, he resigned.

Freez - A.E.I.O.U was my first 7 inch
Roland Rat - Rat Rapping was my first 7 inch picture disc
T'Pau - China in your Hands was my first 12 inch

OK here goes...

1st 7" Single was - Roxette - the Look 1988

1st LP Album was - Yazz - Wanted 1988

Some great 12" versions of her songs on that album, that was the beginning of my love affair with dance music.

Being a former house DJ I now have around £12K worth of Vinyl sitting doing nowt, as I finally hung up my headphones and sold my beloved 1210's :(

Havn't had a residency since 2002 and now have a proper job and a family ;)

Started as US House/old school then onto Hard House / Trance in 97 ish but moved onto more progressive House/Trance towards the end of my days, with the odd Hard House reunion now and again.
Funny how I started of with Sahsa and ended with him ;)

Boston,Electric light Orchestra,Kiss and Nazareth hair of the dog oh almost forgot Alice Cooper Schools out for ever