So the official season begins on the 16th...

neversaydie

Post Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.nsdcreations.co.uk
For those of you in the know, you will know what I'm talking about by now but for those of you who are in the dark or are Joey Deacon's let me explain.

16th December for many ski/snowboarding enthusiasts marks the beginning of snow winter season!

So who is going where and what sport do you partake in...

Neversaydie
Serre chevalier, France for a weeks snowboarding from the 25th February 2007, we have a 11 man chalet so should be a good winter bash! Flying out with BA from Gatwick Airport inbound to Turin, Italy.

Going to MOrzine in France a couple of weekends booked and a week end of March then go back end of April

Actually going this friday night down to Morzine

mate - im for morzine next saturday!! cant flippin wait!

got my new snowboard in the post yesterday so cant wait to get up home and get it opened and waxed!!

i am going again in january 22nd to chamonix with uni mates - £330 all in including pass - oh yes im good!!!

sooooo looking forward to going skiing - ive been going for nearly 10years now and i think this xmas i have been the most excited! dont know why, i guess its because this is my first year full time work and im appreciating my hols more and more!

Will prob head up to Glen Coe, Nevis Range, Aviemore etc at least once while the season is open as long as there is good snow cover.

whats it like up in scotland?

i was thinking of planning a long weekend trip from northern ireland but i have been told not to bother

is it expensive staying there?

my grandparents live in Forres/Findhorn, Morayshire - anywhere near there at all?

thanks

Went to Serre Chavalier in 2000, stick to the middle ranges if you're on piste, if you're on the right most mountain you've got about a 30 min chair ride in the shade each morning to get to the good stuff, and it's freezing!

nice little resort though. There was a little tricks bit and all the in between piste bits were quite good - loads of little mounds just to take a nice jump off. I seem to remember jumping over the odd picnic table too. The Luc Alphand black run was good fun, but I also tried it when it was a bit icy and that just hurt - one bit you just had to slide down on your side as it was 50 - 60 degrees inclination in the shade and just sheet ice.

how much does that work out compared to one or two long term trips?

I book the flights in advance so only cost about £30 - £50 return and then hire car for Geneva Airport so fairly cheap
I'm Going this weekend...Avoriaz opens 30 lifts!!
Then at end of Jan then 2nd weekend Feb then March can't wait

I'm off to Flachau in Austria on Saturday 20th January for a week combined with a mate's stag do. A dozen of us going.

Unfortunately I won't be skiing :crying: as in March this year I took a pretty big tumble in Val Thorens which meant I had to have my Anterior Cruciate Ligament rebuilt at the end of September. So no skiing at all for me this season. I normally go for 2 or 3 weeks each year, usually to France such as 3 Valleys, Espace Killy or Les Arcs/La Plagne.

Just going to have to make up for it in 2007/08.

you can still enjoy yourself and not ski

my parents dont ski but they love going for the scenery, customs, shopping, food and booze lol

im shitting myself at the minute because the last thing i need is an injury before i go away

we have a league rugby game against the leaders tomorrow so its going to be a good battle - im setting off next saturday!

hey boydie i grew up in forres,only 45 mins drive to aviemore, was up the cairngorm 3 weeks ago, was a covering of white stuff and a handful of boarders takin advantage. not been much since.

I am going to Merible on the 6th of January for a week with some friends of a friend (who was ment to be coming with but decided he'd rather go to Thailand instead so has left me going with people i don't know)
Earlier on this year i had a good few trips. Went out to America and boarded Vail, Breckenridge and Keystone. Then i went to Chatel in march and it was Raining the whole time and thats when i found out my snowboarding jacket wasn't waterproof! Still we live and learn and it was good there as you can ride into Switzerland which is good if you get fed up with the frenchies

or tax free goods :lmfao:

does anyone know if some ski resorts would do something along the lines of "extreme snowboard school" where they teach the tricks, jumps, grabs etc...

im ok at jumps, grinds and spins but want to make full advantage of boarding

anyone any ideas?

thanks

Boydie said:
or tax free goods :lmfao:

does anyone know if some ski resorts would do something along the lines of "extreme snowboard school" where they teach the tricks, jumps, grabs etc...

im ok at jumps, grinds and spins but want to make full advantage of boarding

anyone any ideas?

thanks

There used to be an English Guy based in Avoriaz but not seen or heard about him for a while!
Where are you going think you said Morzine..I just got back..didn't get a chance to really get much boarding time in :blownose: but the resort was just coming alive and the snow was lovely to see again.

If your gong morzine and interested I can make a couple of calls for you and see...the lessons were normaly held over at Avoriaz at the snowboard park

Let me know

i was going to email you anyway to find out what morzine was like now - im off this saturday - cant wait!!

ive been before, think it was new year 2001, so i should know my way about when i get there

these people you know teach how to perform technical tricks or just basic intructors?

Soldeau in Andorra for a change from France, been before and the snow and scenery was great 31st Jan for 5 days, flying to Carcassone with EasyJet and hotel, all in around £350. Brother works for Airbus so borrowing his BMW 320d Auto for the drive?