e bay advise

S3QuattroDrift

Drifting With All 4 Wheels
Reaction score
Hi Guys
Bought from e-bay, sent chq waited for it to clear. **** reckons he posted it Monday and thats all there is to it!

What do you suggest i do about it ? (it was £82....)

He now says he has proof and he will send it to me.
If it was all on the level will the Post Office replace the item for me or is it just lost

If the item was sent special or recorded delivery (in which case you should get a number where you can see it's location). If lost, I believe the post office is meant to pay the value that given when it was posted!
If it's normal post, then it's just lost! They won't do anything

sometimes if its a parcel and you were not in, it can be left with a neighbour. ive had a few nightmares tracking stuff that has been delivered and signed for and the person who it was for did not get it. when this happens in some cases it was dropped off at a neighbours. In a recent case, TNT delivered a parcel i sent for somone over a mile away from the proper address at an old peoples home!!!!! We tracked it down eventaully tho.

If he has proof you can follow this up, even with eBay in the event of a dispute (I believe they will ask you for a tracking number).

I regularly sell bits on eBay and only ever offer 1st class Recorded Delivery for this reason. Protects me and the buyer, at least to a degree, although I've never had any problems.

I has this from some bloke, it was a 30 quid alarm clock, tried to contact him several times with no response, filed a paypal claim and got all my money back.

I had a guy take my check for a radio controled Audi TT tha looks like mine for my kid last X-mas, he cashed the check then told me that he needed more money to ship the car to PR I sent the Money like a dumbass and I have never gotten the car on top of that he reported me for non payment I sent money orders but it did not make much of a difference because he was in Canada never buy anything from Canada you will get :eiertritt: