Name the one option you wish you had..?

silver75

Big Ron
Reaction score
Whats the one option you wish you had on your car? :think:
Me personally, driving through traffic with the weather as it is I wish I had auto wipers as mine are either too fast when I stop or too slow when you go...

s-line! but im not really complaining getting an 04 audi 2.0tdi sport really cheap

i can always add things on

like:
arm rest
different trim
multifunction steering wheel
front bumpers maybe? i have been told the bonnet is a different shape compared to the sport and sportback??
vortex kit

The flappy panel gear shift thing, although a friend of mine has it and kepts breaking his nails i have advised wearing gloves, although with shorter nails its easier to self pick a meal whilst driving, if you get my drift :sob:

Does anyone else suffer with this or should he just get his nails cut

Quattro i just dont think you truley own an Audi until you own one that is Quattro .

Black interiour lining option, the one that makes the interiour ceiling and pillar material black...

jdp1962 said:
Heated seats

Think that would be the best option i have apart from the Thai bride that i keep in the glove box :hi:

Has to be Cruise Control ......... even my Navara D40 had it fitted as standard. I did ask the dealer if I get get it retro fitted to my car but was told it wasn't possible.

I have a black roof lining fitted to my car, is it not a standard fit item? (just seen the post above)

coupe-se said:
I have a black roof lining fitted to my car, is it not a standard fit item? (just seen the post above)

It's standard as part of S-Line, option on others

A button that makes all traffic light go green when approaching!!

Heated seats are ok but can make you feel like you have ****** yourself sometimes..wet heat if it really cold......not that i know what that feels like of course!!:undwech:

Cruise control or Auto Wipers

For all those who posted cruise, that is possibly the easiest retro-fit around, provided you have a drive-by-wire throttle,which basically means from about 1999 onwards.

If you want to DIY it, you can buy the kit from VAGParts:

https://sslrelay.com/s74326199.oneandoneshop.co.uk/sess/utn;jsessionid=154578a4447f9c0/shopdata/index.shopscript

If, like me, you like to leave it the people who know what they're doing. try here:

http://www.fontain.co.uk/stocklist-items.asp?itemtype=31
They retro-fitted cruise to my B5 2.8 Quattro in 2005. Then when I bought my current B6 2.4SE from them this year, they installed it before I collected it.

Rev-head said:
Heated seats are ok but can make you feel like you have ****** yourself sometimes..wet heat if it really cold......not that i know what that feels like of course!!:undwech:

I've always thought that myself.:ermm:

Personally I think I'd opt for the sunroof.

Adjustable timing for the intermittent wash wipe. It's either too slow or too often!!!

i'd wish i'd gone for the part leather part cloth seats they have on the tdi quattros

it is easy to fit the optional extra's AFTER buying the car without them?

eg fitting heated seats, black roof lining, centre armrest from a scrapper, bumpers etc...

MikeA3 said:
i'd wish i'd gone for the part leather part cloth seats they have on the tdi quattros

me too :(

missed out for one on the bay a few months ago it went for about 500 notes

silver75 said:
me too :(

missed out for one on the bay a few months ago it went for about 500 notes

thats not too bad at all - only problem is that mines a 5 door so second hand interiors are rare to say the least :(

The first thing I missed was cruise control I retrofitted that cheaper than the option cost.
So I guess it has to be the sunroof my last Merc had one and I miss it now. :(

It's a tough call between auto-dimming rear view mirror and auto-wipers. Why were auto wipers not standard on A3s? They were on my X-reg Pug 306 ***!

I think I'll go with the auto-dimming rear view mirror, what with all the driving-in-the-dark I'm doing at this time of year.

Front fog lights. These aren't standard on the 8P SE and the front end of my Sportback would definitely benefit from them!

Have already sourced the correct light switch but the fogs themselves fetch silly money on eBay so I'll have to wait for a while.

smitch said:
Adjustable timing for the intermittent wash wipe. It's either too slow or too often!!!

I have this, its not an option i saw on the list?

I have all the options I wanted, i ordered them with the car, the only thing I owuld like to have had was the DVD sat nav, but its cheaper to DIY it.

I love the interior light pack and the self dimming mirror...

I have a black roof lining fitted to my car, is it not a standard fit item?

i ve got this, i didnt know it was an option!