It's all over!

Stepho

Reaction score
Well thats my days of Audi ownership over. My beloved S3 is now looking for new ownership at Mechargs Dealership in Glasgow. Just like to thank everyone here who helped out when required. A good site, though of late I have noticed alot of post hyjacking. Many happy days were had reading through thoughts of other users. All the best chaps....

Oh I have some goodies from my S3 which I will offer up on the classified section to see if anyone on here is interested.

I opted for a new Focus ST3. Only had it for a day, however am very satisfied with it. Please no ASBO jokes heard them all. lol

Free Bur berry flat cap with every car..;)

Never mind... Enjoy the car, especially the 5 pot, remember its a Volvo engine, thats a distant relative of the old Audi 5 pot so in theory you've got an Audi heart, its the shell.. try and squeeze the Blue oval in amongst the four rings and you'll be safe :laugh::icon_thumright:

What colour did you go for? I'm told it was only available in orange am I wrong?:uhm:

Blue one runs about here driving round and round and round the town centre.say no more

Oh so boring..... Don't knock it till u try one. I had Fords before my S3, that were on a par with Audi. Not many cars you can buy from a dealer keep three years and trade it in for 3K less than you paid for it. Oh and it wasn't an Audi. I was looking at changing for a new A4 S-line special as my main requirement was 4 doors, however I found most of the Audi dealers within 50 miles to be a little pretentious. It was then I looked at a Golf GTi, then drove the ST. I found it to be better drive and greater value for my needs.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but stereotyping all is a little childish.

Ah for those interested it is NOT orange but Performance blue. Oh and it comes with 4 of the most comfortable Recaro seats I have ever sat in.

Yeahh... all sounds cool but wheres the photos, remember presentation is 9/10s the law... and I for one wanna look around and see.. Oh and some sounds would be nice also as you practice out on runway 4 at your local "Bruntingthorpe":thumbsup: :yes: :yes: :yes: :o.k: :yum: :yum:

Not managed to get many photo's yet as it hasn't stopped raining up here for days. Only managed to get one as I tried to see what it would look like with my plate on.

ST3.jpg

Stepho said:
Oh so boring..... Don't knock it till u try one. I had Fords before my S3, that were on a par with Audi. Not many cars you can buy from a dealer keep three years and trade it in for 3K less than you paid for it. Oh and it wasn't an Audi. I was looking at changing for a new A4 S-line special as my main requirement was 4 doors, however I found most of the Audi dealers within 50 miles to be a little pretentious. It was then I looked at a Golf GTi, then drove the ST. I found it to be better drive and greater value for my needs.
Everyone is entitled to there opinion, but stereotyping all is a little childish.

Ah for those interested it is NOT orange but Performance blue. Oh and it comes with 4 of the most comfortable Recaro seats I have ever sat in.

I'll drive well, being a current Ford.
The last Focus was brilliant to drive...I've not driven a new ST yet...but have no doubt it'll be superb to drive.
Unlike standard S3s...

Enjoy it...

very nice buddy my m8 is after buying a orange ST2, heard those things r quick as i aint had a chance to get out init yet

IMHO i like fords, smart cars the (performance) once obviously............. here comes the slating..........................

I actually like that Focus ST. Clarkson reckoned it was the nuts and he slates off everything!

You'd have to have it in the Tango orange though, it should be the law!!!

I was only joking!

I dont mind Fords but it has to be something sporty before i would look at them.
Focus ST in blue is the one i would go for. Not a fan of the orange one.

Craig

Cheers guys. Car seems great to drive, had a run out to Livingstone last night and managed to get a little blast in it on the motorway. As its still getting run in I didn't hammer it but I was impressed. It has so much grunt and it seems so effortless unlike the S3. I found the S3 to always be screaming its head off when you went for it, but the focus seemed to be so relaxed (almost laid back). The noise it makes on kick down is awesome, and thats with the standard pipes. Altogether a great car to drive. I loved my S3 thought, it was the dogs, but priorities change and other newer cars are going to improve all the time. Anyone thinking of changing my advise would be to try one out, you won't be disappointed. Oh the ST3's can be difficult to get hold of as they are in demand, one dealer wanted me to wait till mid December for delivery and I wouldn't get a colour choice.

Happy days are here again...

Stepho said:
Cheers guys. Car seems great to drive, had a run out to Livingstone last night and managed to get a little blast in it on the motorway. As its still getting run in I didn't hammer it but I was impressed. It has so much grunt and it seems so effortless unlike the S3. I found the S3 to always be screaming its head off when you went for it, but the focus seemed to be so relaxed (almost laid back). The noise it makes on kick down is awesome, and thats with the standard pipes. Altogether a great car to drive. I loved my S3 thought, it was the dogs, but priorities change and other newer cars are going to improve all the time. Anyone thinking of changing my advise would be to try one out, you won't be disappointed. Oh the ST3's can be difficult to get hold of as they are in demand, one dealer wanted me to wait till mid December for delivery and I wouldn't get a colour choice.

Happy days are here again...

Tell me more though about your dealer though, I thought they'd gone as theres new works going on on the clydeside express way.. where did they go, BL was their dealership, what do they sell now? I used to know them years ago, and was just curious...

Dan Gliballs said:
Yaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwn.......................

On a more serious note, they are rather nice cars to drive and do look the part, had a go in my friends while I was deciding between the GTI and Focus but decided on the GTI, the ST3 is very popular with the squaddies round where I am (I work for the British Military in Germany) and I wanted summit a bit more rarer with 5 doors...

28v6 said:
Tell me more though about your dealer though, I thought they'd gone as theres new works going on on the clydeside express way.. where did they go, BL was their dealership, what do they sell now? I used to know them years ago, and was just curious...

Machargs have built a new place just along the road from the old one. Scotland's biggest indoor car showroom. They are dealers for Ford and Mazda. Also large selection of used including Prestige and Performance showroom.

Yes it is a Turbo lump. Uses the old Volvo T5 engine (2.5 litre)

Nice choice on the Golf, thoght the focus had more options as standard over the GTi.

Stepho said:
Nice choice on the Golf, thoght the focus had more options as standard over the GTi.

Could well be, I didnt look into the Ford enough to find out, at time of ordering there wasnt a 5 door version which was my main requirement.