AH FabricationsBadger5

Thread: Driving Courses

Quattro-tastic. Not half.

Status

Driving Courses

No one is ever as good a driver as they think, unless you're in the motorsport trade then there's a chance you are....

Does anyone know of any good courses for improving/tuning everyday driving + helping you drive "enthusastically" more safely?

There is IAM of course and the RoSPA both of which I've heard mixed things about. any views on these or tips on others?

Andy - A4

2. # ADS
    ADS

Yeee-haw
    Jason's Pong Champion

Status
    Try booking a session round the track in your own car with an instructor - it's not just about thrashing it round there, but will help with some other stuff too.

Topper Harley

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Mike
    Try booking a session round the track in your own car with an instructor - it's not just about thrashing it round there, but will help with some other stuff too.
    I've heard this is really worth doing

Quattro-tastic. Not half.

Status
    I was thinking more along the lines of insurance friendly courses. Good suggestion though.
    Andy - A4

Status
    A few years ago, EVO magazine did a feature on Cadence (http://www.cadence.co.uk/) who got a good write-up, with the focus mainly on road driving instead of the track. There's also a something on their site about insurance discounts.

They still advertise in the magazine and may well be worth a look.
    2004 A3 Sportback 2.0TDI SE, RNS-E Sat Nav SW0650 TMC, 17" Star Alloys, Xenons, DIS, Rear Mats & Sunblind, Alu trim, Ebony Black pearlescent
    2006 Honda Accord EX i-CTDI, Arctic Blue, Leather, Sat Nav, XCarLink

thinking about stuff

Status
    IAM will help with insurance no question. If you want to improve your driving ability become a regular at your local karting track. You'll notice your driving style change over a few months (you'll always keep both hands on the wheel for example). This then opens up the doors to ARK's and ARD's tests which you can do at most UK circuits. Trackdays in your own car start at around 95 and are a good way to learn your cars limits more so then driving ability.

BTW, early next year i'm organising an event at the Teesside Autodrome if your interested?
    Last edited by leecs3; 4th December 2006 at 07:01.

2001 Black RS4 - P11 LCC
    1992 Burgundy Pearl Corrado VR6 - A20 LEE

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie Mike
    Does anyone have a link for one of these courses ?

I can find loads of track days either with your own car or a hired track car but all of these are just you driving and not with an instructor.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Sport

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    If you really want to improve your car control do a ride drive course... this is on track and on the road with an instructor and I've heard very good things.

Controversial & Contradictive

Status
    Anybody tried the Audi driving day? Don't they teach you car control and emergency situation reactions on there?
    53 A4 2.5TDi Quattro Sport 180 Tiptronic. Heated Buffalino leather, DVD Sat Nav RNS-E, TV, Bluetooth, 6 cd, BOSE, Colour DIS, Cruise Control, Auto lights and mirrors, Interior light pack, Heated mirrors.