Dash illumination

What level do you set your dash illumination at?

• As low as it will go

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Dim (not Tim, Nice But...)

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Just enough thanks

Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Full tilt (where are my sunglasses?)

Votes: 42 73.7%

• Total voters

batwad

Reaction score
Now the dark nights are well and truly here and a lot of us are doing more driving in the dark I was wondering what level people have their dash illumination at. Personally I like it as bright as possible cos I love the glow of the red needles on the white dials.

dash illumination - brightest setting all year round! otherwise when its dim I think the battery is dying..

nice and bright.......Like the owner..!!:thumbsup:

Turn it to full whack, then lower it a little, it's nice at full brightness, but too bright for my likings, I think maybe that I wear glasses doesn't help... it also annoys me that all the other illuminated parts of the car goes down with the clocks, I like the red ambience under the ashtray at full whack, but the clocks is just too much. :(

I always have it full pelt unless doing long motorway drives where streetlights aren't so common, so the eyes adjust to the lower levels better.

I like how you can turn off the dash lights in the SAAB, and just the needle and small area of the speedo are lit.

I was going to make a joke about my lights being how I like my women - bright, but then remembered that I'm actually not that fussy about my women.:undwech:

LOL-Where is the illumination level switch?

pmsl

03 A4

LottieA3 said:
Yo laughing at me??? :yes:

What PMSL?

The switch is just below the switch for the main beam lights.

we are all laughing at you :moa:

LottieA3 said:
Yo laughing at me??? :yes:

What PMSL?

The switch is just below the switch for the main beam lights.

Don't you mean behind the Stalk? (that also controls the indicators, did you own a BMW before the Audi?)

The illumination controls on my A4 are below the Tachometer and have a + and a -

Oh, never noticed it-I have auto lights, they just come on when needs be!

Ok found the illumination brightness adjustment, it's the + and - buttins underneath the date and time for my A4!
I have put on low for now :)

I thought we were referring to Dash illumination, so wouldn't be on full tilt?

I like the 2 LED's in the console above the interior mirror, they light up the entire centre console in nice red light...! cooool:superman:

A4Quattro said:
Don't you mean behind the Stalk? (that also controls the indicators, did you own a BMW before the Audi?)

The illumination controls on my A4 are below the Tachometer and have a + and a -

On the 1.8T sport like mine, it's behind the stalk that controls the wipers next to the headlight switch.

A4Quattro said:
I like the 2 LED's in the console above the interior mirror, they light up the entire centre console in nice red light...! cooool:superman:

I had a courtesy car that had this I real gave the cabin a nice vibe.. when I went back to my car I really missed those ickle LEDS :bye:

I have mine on full. Only wished there was a way to program it to make the dials light up everytime I switch on the engine. Its useful when its always illuminated particularly when you're in the shade. Even just having lit needles would be very useful.

My Dash illumination brightens as it gets darker, I think it's only on the Light pack it does this?