What do you think of THIS engine?

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
762px-Twin_Linear_Aerospike_XRS-2200_Engine.jpg

lol imagine the soundtrack that would go along with that!
Lots of angelic aaaaaaaaaaaaah's in a kind of lord of the rings style.

I imagine you wouldn't be able to hear the soundtrack, becuase the sound of the engine would blow your eardrums! :ohmy:

That is a Twin Linear Aerospike engine, here's some information:

The test of twin Linear Aerospike XRS-2200 engines, originally built for the X-33 program, was performed on August 6, 2001 at NASA's Stennis Space Center, Mississippi. The engines were fired for the planned 90 seconds and reached a planned maximum power of 85 percent. NASA's Second Generation Reusable Launch Vehicle Program , also known as the Space Launch Initiative (SLI), is making advances in propulsion technology with this third and final successful engine hot fire, designed to test electro-mechanical actuators. Information learned from this hot fire test series about new electro-mechanical actuator technology, which controls the flow of propellants in rocket engines, could provide key advancements for the propulsion systems for future spacecraft. The Second Generation Reusable Launch Vehicle Program, led by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Alabama, is a technology development program designed to increase safety and reliability while reducing costs for space travel. The X-33 program was cancelled in March 2001.

Defratos said:
Wow that is one mother of an engine, think I've seen pics of the X-33 kinda like a flat shaped arrow right?

Yeah but that's what we were all expecting of the new TT....:lmfao:

What a "Flat shaped arrow thingy" or the powerplant under your bonnet?

If its the "flat shaped arrow thingy" then I'm sure I could oblige if you donate your car to me ...and I'l run it through the nearest compactor. A little filling, a little grinding and some P40 and she'll be as good as new... Wha'd'ya say CJ, you up for it??:thumbsup: :yes: :salute:

But the mother of all questions iiiiiis.... if this baby was strapped onto the back of an aircraft sitting on a conveyor belt which acts as an opposing force for any forward movement, would it take off!?

jojo said:
But the mother of all questions iiiiiis.... if this baby was strapped onto the back of an aircraft sitting on a conveyor belt which acts as an opposing force for any forward movement, would it take off!?

LOL!!!!

:keule: :shutup2: :tapedshut: :banghead: