If i had the money

Hi Mate,
yip looks a very nice car and like you its a "proper porsche" that shape of 911 was a class and its still got the proper 911 engine ,ie AIR cooled boxter engine
A beetle on steriods and a killer if not carefull but WOT a car esp when its in the best colour "guards red":thumbsup:

I'd get rid of those awful wheels though, it's Fuchs all the way on ANY impact bumper 911!!!!

Had a 964 c2-- 93 k plate 3.6 ltr, this was well upgraded from the one pictured,and still did not like it, all the weight behind the back wheels makes it one strange car. I was not sorry to see it go. The car in your pcture will drive like dog 'D'

derickcos said:
Had a 964 c2-- 93 k plate 3.6 ltr, this was well upgraded from the one pictured,and still did not like it, all the weight behind the back wheels makes it one strange car. I was not sorry to see it go. The car in your pcture will drive like dog 'D'

Probaly cos it takes time to master a 911. Took me about 6 months to master mine and through the bends you don't get much more fun than a 911 once you realise it's slow in accelerate out.

Completely different to any other car, as i'm sure Ess three will agree!

smitch said:
Probaly cos it takes time to master a 911. Took me about 6 months to master mine and through the bends you don't get much more fun than a 911 once you realise it's slow in accelerate out.

Completely different to any other car, as i'm sure Ess three will agree!

Sure will...

The later cars are easier to drive, but the earlier cars reward more and take more skill to master, of that there is no doubt.
The earlier the 911, the more fun you have at 'sane' speeds.

By the way...I have 'issues' with the term 'Air Cooled'...they aren't.
They have air assisted cooling to the heads, but they are predominantly OIL cooled.
Otherwise they would overheat in traffic...when the oil cooler fan is working overtime.
Liquid cooled really...
Not so far from 996s then! :p

I had a bit of a shock at just how much oil they take, i think Camtune charged for about 13 litres!!!

And if you do buy an early one with the 915 gearbox i can't recommend Swepco gearbox oil enough, it works wonders.

Don't know what all the fuss is about - it's just a racing beetle :undwech:

OutLore said:
Don't know what all the fuss is about - it's just a racing beetle :undwech:

You're probably right to a degree. If the beetle was never made the 911 wouldn't exist.

And what's wrong with Beetles?!?!?!?!