The big spoiler thing

mramage

Reaction score

Anyone noticed that big spoilers seem to, er, popping up on cars more and more?

Lately I've seen some really silly ones, not quite 911 whale tail, but more high and stupid.

The most recent was on a BMW 3somthing, new shape as well. Wings! This thing was one prop. short of being a plane. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sitting in traffic and caught the headlights coming up along-side, obviously lowered and front spoilers. No problem there so far. Passed me by and I nearly burst out laughing. It had a split level duel wing on the back. I kid you not, looking directly it from behind, I estimate it was almost (about 1 off, max.) the height of the car. I could barely see the top of the rear window above wing level no. 2. No. 1 was about halfway down, even that was high!

Wish I had a pic of it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Theres a Mazda 626 going around town with a HUGE spoiler on the back.
I mean come on a Mazda /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_2.gif

I know exactly what you mean Mark.
I mean there is spoilers and there is spoilers.
What I call em is the "Park Bench" or the "Coffee Table".
Roughly about the same dimensions anyway.
The roughest looking one I have seen around our way is on a Rover /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif
It resembles a mini section of aluminium scaffolding. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

The thing is a lot of these look like they've been knocked up in someones garage out of Meccano (anyone still remember Meccano? It was the macho Lego of its time). This is one I managed to snap (while driving) on the M4 last month.

Straight from 2 Fast 2 Furious, that same spoiler with the side bits that come so far down is on both Mitsu's in the movie!