Need to buy a van

Caesium

My BM is fixed!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
As i'm going to start taking property seriously I need another van, I used to have a company Transit and its amazing how much you miss a van when you don't have one!

I'm looking to buy a new one but I want to be comfortable driving it, the Transit I had gave me backache because it had a bulkhead which stopped the seat reclining enough to be comfortable.

I'm thinking about the VW transporter, the Sportline looks good but i think its a bit to expensive at 22k, anyone have a good experience based suggestion?

I need to get sheet materials in it (8'x4')

Yes, the T5 Transporter is a fine beast, nippy too and economical with it also.. I think though you maybe struggling for size and may have to shift up in size to a small LT as oppose a transporter, The LT's a a fine piece of work and can haull *** both in load and pace, and an underrated beast if ever there was one... Its able to keep pace with the Sprinters of the world and my mate swears by his LWB even although its now getting on a bit..a 52 plate.. Looks wise though, in comparison to others it is still looking like new and he uses his for carrying Motocross Bikes!
Stay away from Citroen/Renault as a company I worked for, had a fleet of them and the fell apart, all over the place, trim falling off.. etc etc and they were brand new vans!
I'm told...and I don't know how much truth there is in this that the new "Maxus" is a reall surprise and turn for the books, another friend has a fleet of 4 and swears by them!

use to drive sprinters and LT's, both drive the same but for some reason the merc is cheeper for parts

The new Ducato's pretty good, i'd go for the 2.8.

A4Quattro said:
As i'm going to start taking property seriously I need another van, I used to have a company Transit and its amazing how much you miss a van when you don't have one!

I'm looking to buy a new one but I want to be comfortable driving it, the Transit I had gave me backache because it had a bulkhead which stopped the seat reclining enough to be comfortable.

I'm thinking about the VW transporter, the Sportline looks good but i think its a bit to expensive at 22k, anyone have a good experience based suggestion?

I need to get sheet materials in it (8'x4')

dont ******** us.

Your planning another post office heist.