Car accident

Nigma

Yakshimash!
Reaction score
Website
www.gcp-tech.co.uk
Hi all,

Need some advice pretty quickly. Basically my car was parked on the street was hit by someone. He has completely admitted liability. But his insurance company have not got in contact with me yet. What is my entitlement to a hire car through his insurance?..

Thanks Anand

As above get a hire car through your insurance co and they will claim the cost back, was there much damage?

Make sure you don't settle on a car worse than your normal one. There's no reason why you should be worse off in any way.

If you haven't notified YOUR insurance company, i would get straight onto them, and let them fight it out with the third party's insurance company. Also its advisable to get the third party's admission of liability in writing, or at least have a witness, if you didn't involve the police. Hope everything works out for you.

Hi guys,

Thanks for the advice. Managed to get it sorted in the end.

I informed my insurance company (More than) who basically only gave me two choices.. A) Note this down as information only, and I have to deal with the 3rd party insurer. B) Claim hire car and damages through them, and they'll recoup the costs. But i would have to initially pay the excess.

The problem I had was that I had the incident on saturday morning, and the 3rd party department for the 3rd party insurer were not open till Monday to sort me out. So i was stranded at my girlfriends for the whole weekend, till I called them and they sorted it out right away. Now driving a VW golf 1.6 56plate. Not bad for a hire car i thought.

Cheers again.