Should the Pope be treated as a terrorist ?

co55ie

Reaction score
Given the FACT that the Catholic faith is directly responsible for years of atrocious terrorist tactics in Africa causing the widespread of Aids, suffering and more deaths than any raving lunatic extremist Muslim group do you think the Pope should be tried for crimes against humanity and hanged just like Suddam ?

co55ie said:
Given the FACT that the Catholic faith is directly responsible for years of atrocious terrorist tactics in Africa causing the widespread of Aids, suffering and more deaths than any raving lunatic extremist Muslim group do you think the Pope should be tried for crimes against humanity and hanged just like Suddam ?

Are you out of your ******* mind?

Are you from another planet ?

The catholic ministers use fear to ensure that the uneducated comply with the catholic contraception beliefs even though the country is rife with Aids.

Using / Preying on fear is an act of terrorism

A4Quattro said:
Are you out of your ******* mind?

No are you .

Isnt the catholic faith responsible for the promotion of Aids in Africa then ?

Do the ministers not use fear tactics to get the uneducated to comply ?

Isnt claiming you will goto hell and instilling fear in someone abusing your position to get what you want especially when the recipient is uneducated an act of psychological terrorism ?

Religion is the cause of all trouble in the world, its a load of *****

The belief that contraception is wrong has been held by the catholic faith for a long time. But people's interpretation of their faith is wholly their own and if the population of Africa can't see the hardship they are causing themselves by needlessly having children they can't care for, thats their problem not the pope's.

And to compare the head of the catholic faith with a dictator that mercilessly killed hundreds of his own countrymen because they were a different faith, not only them but also their familes and children is utter lunacy on your part.

Where are these FACTS you spout about then, lets see them.

Wot about all the catholic misionarys that run , hospitals ,schools etc doesnt sound like a terrorist organisation,to me,
ok i do agree they are a bit behind the times and need to bring there self upto date with woman/gays etc

Isnt the fact that the catholic church are still implimenting their ridiculous contraception policy (preying on the uneducated and using fear tactics) mercilessly and needlessly kiling millions of Africans.

I think the history of the catholic church is all the fact you need

Are you claiming the catholic church havent played a huge part in the Aids epidemic in Africa ?

I don't think the Pope has ever laid anyone in Africa, if that's what you mean? I'm not actually sure that he's infected with any STD.

But if he was, surely his cassock would give plenty of protection?

You need to lay off the beer, it's doing you NO good at all.

..co55ie, where has all this come from then!? talk about a bolt from the blue..!!
made me jump anyway..

So isnt using fear as a tool to manipulate someone or something an act of terrorism ?

Do you think that a religious representative who tell's a very simple uneducated and impressionable man living in area with an Aids epidemic who wants to use a condom that if he does he and his family will rot in hell is not using fear or anact of psychological terrorism ?

...as the pope isnt here to defend himself, I would just like to point out that the pope who was incharge when AIDS came out is now dead, and the current pope has only been around 5 minutes..

....in all seriousness, this is the 1st i have heard of this and it would be interesting to see the source of your info

silver75 said:
..co55ie, where has all this come from then!? talk about a bolt from the blue..!!
made me jump anyway..

I am playing devils advocate.

Everyman and his dog is so ready to claim Islam is this and that etc etc unyet they are happy to turn a blind eye to the way in which other faiths have carried on over the years.

I am interested to see what people think is and isnt an act of terrorism aswell.

1 in 3 Africans have HIV , the Catholic church knowing this still takes a hardline anti condom stance in a predominantly Catholic country and uses fear to enforce this stance if neccessary.

The heads of most other denominations are pressurising the Vatican as they believe the catholics anti condom policy is doing nothing else but to insure the epidemic spirals.

If you do a web search you will find all the info you could ever want Silver75 its not hearsay its fact

How can the head of any group / belief allow this to carry on in the name of god ? Isnt the upholding of this stance in this particular situation a crime against humanity ?

The catholic church promotes sex AFTER marriage and monogamy DURING marriage.

Dunno how that spreads AIDs?

What about the Crusades
LIfted from wikipedia
The Crusades were a series of military campaigns conducted in the name of Christendom and usually sanctioned by the Pope. They were military campaigns of a religious character typically characterized as being waged against pagans, heretics, Muslims or those under the ban of excommunication.[3] When originally conceived, the aim was to recapture Jerusalem and the Holy Land from the Muslims while supporting the Byzantine Empire against the "ghazwat" of the Seljuq [4] expansion into Anatolia. The fourth crusade however was diverted and resulted in the conquest of Constantinople. Later crusades were launched against various targets outside of the Levant for a mixture of religious, economic, and political reasons, such as the Albigensian Crusade, the Aragonese Crusade, and the Northern Crusades.
:)
The Pope has been a bad boy for a long time
Funny how the Americans consider themselves the new crusaders

Feel said:

It does if 1 in 3 of your countries population has HIV . It also explains why these poor folk have so many children they cant care for.

The catholic faith has a long history of terrorism and preying and extorting the weak. The fact is the Pope is the head of one of the most corrupt corporations in the world , a corporation that has been responsible for the deaths of millions but its all ok because its done in the name of religion.

Feel said:

It doesn't - the point is that the pressure of "sex without purpose" IE having sex without the intention of having children has.

A4Quattro said:

And to compare the head of the catholic faith with a dictator that mercilessly killed hundreds of his own countrymen because they were a different faith, not only them but also their familes and children is utter lunacy on your part.

Lol this is just about the most ridiculous statement I have ever read in my life.

The Vatican was founded on the above .

Personally I cant see how anyone can condone the Vaticans stance on this issue and how anyone can percieve this longterm stance to be anything else but a crime against humanity .

Absolutely.
Hard to believe in this day & age that so much misery, pain and destruction can still be caused by prehistoric belief systems developed soley to control the unruly masses.
Add God to the list as well, he's letting it all happen. Asleep at the wheel as usual. Makes me wanna puke!

As an aside I thought the use of condoms was actively encouraged when violating an altar boy - wouldn't want any DNA pointing it's nasty little finger.

AndyMac said:
As an aside I thought the use of condoms was actively encouraged when violating an altar boy - wouldn't want any DNA pointing it's nasty little finger.

:yes:

Who is this Suddam bloke and can we save him ? what crimes did he comit to be sentenced to death ?

He he......

What twisted logic do we have at work here??

Probably about 800 years to late to compare Christianity and Islam........!!;)

I reckon that if you sent a load of johnny over there they would only put them on there heads like my mate baz does, he looks funny when he does it in a night club and walks up to a bird with a inflated johnny over his face like a bank robber, mind you he never gets laid so always has loads of out of date rubbers to practice with. My other mate puts them up his nose & pulls them out his mouth;-(

Well as an atheist, I'll believe what I want and live by the morals/rules/guidelines that mean I live a good, honest, respectful life.

Sod all this religion crap. In my eyes religion is for people who can't cope with living in the real world

co55ie said:
1 in 3 Africans have HIV , the Catholic church knowing this still takes a hardline anti condom stance in a predominantly Catholic country and uses fear to enforce this stance if neccessary.

1 in 3 Africans do not have AIDS. Remember Africa is a continent not a country so dont lump all of them into the same catigory.
Also most countries in Africa are actually Muslim, not catholic.

co55ie said:
How can the head of any group / belief allow this to carry on in the name of god ? Isnt the upholding of this stance in this particular situation a crime against humanity ?

I hear what you are saying but the situation in Africa is not as simple as that. All countries in Latin America are catholic but they dont have the same problem with HIV.There are clearly issues unaddressed in the catholic church but they are not the cause of AIDS in Africa.
Thankyou and goodnight.

Wooooooooaaaaaaah.

Chill people.

Organised religion is to blame. Not any one specific person.

I have to agree that Christian churches have perpetrated many misdeeds against many, many peoples though. That does not however make the figurehead responsible for passed or present indiscretions.

What I would ask is this: why should it take someone else to tell you how you should feel about your God/s? Surely it’s a personal matter and up for you to decide how you want to interpret ancient scripts?

We all need to respect eachother more and the all churches need brought kicking and screaming into the 21st century, and I don’t just mean having the latest sermon available for download via Podcast.

I suppose christianity is the only religion guilty of murderous acts then?

Look back over history, the vikings, the normans, the mongols... the list will go on and on. Its not one person who is to blame.

So laying the blame for the massively corrupt continent that is Africa is not the Pope's fault. Africa is a needy country that seems to do nothing to help itself. All the other developed countries have made themselves into a self supporting country. How come America, a fairly new country when compared to Africa is doing so well when Africa is a shithole? Africa has plenty of natural resources to finance itself, but still has its hand out for charity.

It's the countries own fault its in the state it is, not the Pope's.

A4Quattro said:
I suppose christianity is the only religion guilty of murderous acts then?

Look back over history, the vikings, the normans, the mongols... the list will go on and on. Its not one person who is to blame.

So laying the blame for the massively corrupt continent that is Africa is not the Pope's fault. Africa is a needy country that seems to do nothing to help itself. All the other developed countries have made themselves into a self supporting country. How come America, a fairly new country when compared to Africa is doing so well when Africa is a shithole? Africa has plenty of natural resources to finance itself, but still has its hand out for charity.

It's the countries own fault its in the state it is, not the Pope's.

....you are still getting mixed up 1st up Africa is a continent with many different countries in it some currupt some not currupt.
2nd to compare America to Africa is foolish. America has been independent for a couple of hundred years, a lot of its wealth came from slaves taken from Africa.
Remember a lot of the wealth of rich European countries came from the dealing of slaves from Africa and also the exploitation of the people in its colonies.
Much of Africa is a **** hole yes, but remember these African countries for 3 hundred years were exploited by the west and have only recently got independance..(just 50 odd years). So in essance they are years behind everyone else as they are still learning to manage their natural resources etc...

cheers

The slavery has nothing to do with building wealth, slaves bring nothing except labour, labour does not a country make. Countries are built on intelligence. And slavery was started by the Africans years before the colonies.

And as for independance, Hong Kong only got its independance a few years ago, but is that country backward? No.

I got it the first time.
Blaming the west for Africa's shortcomings is pathetic. and laying the blame at the door of the vatican is equally crass.