Any House Alarm Boffs out There?

arthurfuxake

Controversial & Contradictive
Reaction score
Website
photobucket.com
HI,
I have an Accenta G3 alarm in my house and lately I'm getting a lot of false alarms:banghead: . It says that it is being triggered by the back door sensor and the rear window shock sensors (2 LED's - one lit, the other flashing). I've tested the sensors, and they do work as expected. I can't see where the wiring goes as it's been hidden, so I can't see there being any wiring damage. Do you think it may be the battery that has come to the end of it's life. We've lived in the house for 5 years, and we've never had it serviced(I know, but I don't trust guys comming in and fiddling with the system and having a good look at the audi outside and the nice gadgets inside).:busted_cop:

Hi

In order of priority, I would

Change the battery
Check the connections at the detectors AND the Control panel

If all appears OK Link out the faulty circuits at the detector end. If this fixes it you've got faulty detectors.

If not link out the circuits at the panel end. If this fixes it you've got faulty wiring.

If not you've got a faulty control panel.

That's the basics, there are many variables, but unless you've got a real ba$tard of a fault that will find it!

Are the sensors battery powered? Which battery are you suggesting replacing? the main back up battery will not cause false alarms.

try putting the alarm in walk test mode and then nudge the shock sensor and see if it alarms, and leave the back door sensor to see if you get a warning. Its unlikely any wiring has gone faulty unless some work has been done on or near it. and a door sensor is just a reed switch and these very very rarely fail.

Right, I've jumpered out the sensors that are indicated when the alarm triggers, and I've not had the alarm false trigger (yet). Problem is that it is very random and seems intermittant. But so far, with the 3 sensors (2 window shock sensors in series and the back door switch) jumpered, no false alarm. I've tested the sensors, and they seem to behave as expected. I'm concerned that it's the wiring now as all 3 sensors are on the same multicore cable, but it has been very well hidden and decorated over.