Free speech Two walk free

not a lot to say on this really, what they said wasn't nice but yes we have free speech so they shouldnt have got charged for saying it. but then again, wasn't there a massive uproar when that omar bakri dude was preaching hatred on the streets of london to other muslims, where was his freedom of speech then?

pimpeda3 said:
not a lot to say on this really, what they said wasn't nice but yes we have free speech so they shouldnt have got charged for saying it. but then again, wasn't there a massive uproar when that omar bakri dude was preaching hatred on the streets of london to other muslims, where was his freedom of speech then?

I don't claim to be in possession of all the facts, but wasn't this Bakri dubbed as 'Bin Laden's man in London'. The Muslim cleric who was ring-leader and apparently organising terror plots within the UK?

I don't call that freedom of speech - that's a threat to our society and to every innocent citizen that would be caught up by whatever he was organising with his 'recruits'. We've already had terror attacks on UK soil, and I personally am not for giving maniacs like this any chance at all.

This is the type of scum we need rid of, take no chances, and unfortunately his type gives other decent Muslims a bad name.

Of course, only IMHO :)