Need Help Lads n' Lassies (LONG)

28v6

Okay, I realise this may be a little "Risque" but you'll understand maybe where I'm coming from...

Many of you out there are members of another forum or 2 Yes? now, we all know that there are "Moderators" on the Forum and that they are there to assist and monitor the goings on on the board and that nothing nasty or untoward is happening and that these people give up their time freely to assist yes?

Okay, Now that we've set the picture, I'm a member of :-

http://www.seatforum.net/forum/index.php

A forum that is a great deal stricter than on here and yet encourages banter and "Friendliness" on a Forum... Well the forum went offline for a long while then reappears. Apparently it required makeover etc etc. Now, please be aware that its also being run as a car club and that these are the people that previously ran the forum until the "makeover"... Well, its all got rather interesting now with a lot of people asking what has happened and the Moderators taking a dictatorial view on all matters, so that when a serious question is asked i.e "So who's running the forum now then??" is asked the immediate reation is "lock" the thread without any real answer being given.. its started to "P***" people off (Need to be careful here as well, as I may get banned or infracted as you will see...)

So someone called "Cupra Mark" posts that one of these "Higher than thou Mighty Moderators" has left and its all to the good, his user name being "Si_B"

So on a private Emailing to "Cupra Mark" I type "S(H)i(t)_B ???" "How did he find this out" and here's the response....

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL!

Dear 28v6r,

You have received a new private message at SEATForum.net from Webmaster, entitled "You have received an infraction at SEATForum.net".

To read the original version, respond to, or delete this message, you must log in here:
http://www.seatforum.net/forum/private.php

This is the message that was sent:
Dear 28v6r,

You have received an infraction at SEATForum.net.

Reason: By-passing swear filter on PMs
-------
You have been given an Infraction point for by-passing the swear filter.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

All the best,
SEATForum.net

Again, please do not reply to this email. You must go to the following page to reply to this private message:
http://www.seatforum.net/forum/private.php

All the best,
SEATForum.net

I though "..Oh Okay"...then it annoyed me to the point that I responded, now please realise that they have a "Feedback" section in order to be constructive and if you view this you will see how many irrate users there are all wanting to know whats going on and the number of threads that have been locked with his "Iron Hand" that he says he has not got....Yeah Right!

So here is my reponse:

Waken Up and Smell the Coffee, for cryin' out loud

1. YOU ARE NOT "GOD"

2. We are adults on this Forum, ACT LIKE IT , Stop locking Threads because you don't have the answers, It is after all "A Public Domain" therefore you've asked for help and feedback NOW ACCEPT IT, DEAL WITH IT. People are a little confused by what has happened, explain to them, put a posting or "Important Notice " at the top of each topic, that way you're covered NOT GET INTO A SLANGING MATCH AND LOCK THE THREAD!!

3. Private mails are just that Private, you now have broken a right to "privacy" by monitoring peoples mails, there was no swear words there, the letters were in brackets and only for Cupra Mark to see, who incidentally shares a similar view as I, therefore It was a Private message between my self and him, it was not posted as a public posting for all to see, but now you've left me no alternative but to post it publicly so that others may see what will happen to them...

4. The Forum is about helping each other, having a banter, enjoying their cars and enjoying the FREEDOM OF SPEECH, if you in your Ivory Tower as "Admin" cannnot accept that the I'm afraid a moderator and admin job is not for you, Don't sit there and read this then Giggle and lock it off so nothing more can be done lets air this and see what the public not the SCC members have to say about how you are running this SHAM of a Forum... It is their right to comment on the Nazi Iron handed way a general forum is currently being run... "MAKE IT SO.....

5. Your behavior of mightier than thou is P*****' people of, I notice that there isn't the same content of people on the Forum now that this has happened, I've looked for old names and faces that I knew on the original Forum and I don't see them anymore... shame really as they were what contributed to making a good forum, whats happened "Locked" them out as well ? this forum will go into decline as more and more people get disillusioned by the "Big Brother" tactics and the petty way things are being dealt with, For God sake stand down man and swollow your pride before you end up with a Forum with no one participate, then there will be you snide little messages " we notice from your records that that you no longer post, you can contact us WITH FEEDBACK and tell us why..."

WELL I'M TELLING YOU.... WAKEN UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE... THERE ARE OTHERS HERE WHO PARTICIPATE AND ARE GETTING PEEVED AT YOU MIGHTIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE...

DESIST NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!

Now before you all "Flame Me" for doing this ... like the rest of you I've been a member of other Forums, never been banned, never been treated like this and generally enjoy the banter and cameraderie that comes with these styles of chat, and I appreciate that the MODS are there to do a job, and .. we all have our moments of temper but this takes the biscuit!

Have a look, enjoy, and maybe just maybe you may want to risk posting on this errrrr... Forum... have a look, especially in "Feedback" where a lot of threads have been locked...

Before anyone here gets annoyed, I do appologise, and its only a bit of fun but I thought some of you guys may appreciate a "Stranger than Strange" Forum....

P.S This is stilll the best by far!!

:respekt: :respekt: :respekt: :respekt:

:salute: :salute: :salute:

:arco: :arco: :arco: :arco: :arco: :arco: :arco: :arco:

:sign_omg: ... yeh this is the best (and only) Forum I've ever been on. :salute: :arco: :applaus:

28v6 - as a Seat owner, I also dabble on the two Seat forums - the one you mention, and SC.net. I have to admit that I was confused by the reorganisation and the fact that they seem to have de-registered everyone who wasn't a paid up member of the club. I have to admit I haven't re-registered...

I always preferred SC.net where things are a bit more relaxed (and more like here) - with moderator control only in certain areas.

I know that moderators can have a tough job - but a bit of common sense is always worth it.

Thats my point exactly... "A modecum of Common Sense" would have been nice.. but look at his reaction?? Yeah, worse still I hear you say "look at yours" and I agree.. but whos ever heard of "and infraction of the swear filters (Where???) and being awarded points that are permanent towards a complete banning?? I've never had that and I ran Audi Ecosse for three and a half years without problem... As i said in my Email at the time we are all adults therefore to be treated like one would be nice, not a point scoring system for wanting to know whats going on and how information was found out...

Wow - This is the only 'Car' forum I am a member of and dont really spend much time surfing other car forums - I had imagined they all would be pretty similar and like this one - Clearly I was wrong.

I'm sorry I cant add much advice then 28V6 but your thread reads like you are certainly trying to make it work. Perhaps try the 3 strike and out rule and with this I mean for yourself - try to sort it a couple more times and if it dont work - ask yourself if it's really worth staying on there and although you are a mod, do your really need to keep getting this hassle - leave the site and let them get on with it and maybe post a "reasons why" before you do (not nasty - but well structured) so other members understand - they may even follow you...
Just my thoughts and good luck.

Some forums can be well mannered and easy going, and some are ridiculous to the extreme you mentioned. I remember visiting a Ford RS forum and posting my video where I kicked the **** of a Sierra Cosworth, asking "is this anyone on here?"

as you might expect, it met some resistance. but was in the most, really well taken! and it was my first post as well, how many forums would let you get away with that?!!

:lmfao: :thumbsup:

The "Only car" that it should be done to...again...and again...and again..'til it drops!

28v6, I think you're totally right. It sounds like they've been threatened by someone who took offence to something and have gone totally over the top in their response.

The best thing you can do is stop posting, and encourage others to do so. Find a forum elsewhere, or set up your own, that allows you to continue in the original spirit. Maybe then the admins will learn their lesson.

I used to be a regular on a forum affiliated with a well-known stocker of parts for German, Swedish and French cars ;) It was all very well-meaning but a couple of threads got slightly out of hand, too much so for The Management, who decided they didn't want to be associated with the forum any more so we were booted from their website. The regulars set up their own forum to which everyone moved and continued in the original vein.

Interestingly, the company put the forum back in place after a short absence, but very few people went back.

Incidentally here's his reply...

Your Post ....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your post has been removed from the forum.

If you have a personal grip with an Admin on here please do not air it on the open forum or use this forum to air your issues.

Any other forum where you did this you would be removed immediatly.

Also using words like Nazi can be offensive to people.

Try and behave yourself now.

Admin
I am "The Stig"

:blink: :think:

The internet is a fantastic place. It's full of all sorts of interesting things and people and the best part is it's really easy to avoid the nutters and enjoy the great stuff.

Mr SEAT admin, who thinks he's the stig when we know our forum has the real stig, maybe can't find the great stuff and therefore is living his world in a ****** pad and vents his frustrations on other who are, in his eyes, not worthy of his time.

I, like you, use a few motor forums and have never EVER seen anything like what you are mentioning here. Email all the members on there you like and then setup another forum with them......make it loads better too in order to make your point to "I wish I was - the stig"

lol, I think you win the prize for the longest post ever mate ! I feel much older now after reading the entire thread.

But yeah, we rule :)

Dave you causing trouble again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shame on you , lol, Na mate im with you the mod has no right to read a "private "PM im quiet sure if you chased it up it could actualy be a legal offence , as eletronic mail now gets the same rights as post mail(am 99% sure im right) and opening some one elses mail is highly illegal !
never mind damb right rude!
will need to discuse a plan of action over a beer soon mate