Cheeky Beggars!

DavidR

Reaction score
Website
audi-sport.net
RAC Autowindscreens replaced the front screen today due to stone damage. Much to my annoyance, there is an RAC logo imprinted on the bottom of the screen forming part of the ID stuff, also the shade band at the top is a different shape. Grrr. Details like that annoy, especially free advertising!

At least it aint cracked like the old one though.

agreed. Just out of curiousity, was the screen replacement part of your General Car Insurance or part of your RAC breakdown cover?

Only reason I ask is that if its part of your general cover, you may be able to insist on genuine parts for replacements.

good info though and something to be aware of for the future.

Leddy

Part of car insurance. I think the only upside is that the new screen has an antireflective coating on it, which is nice..

I've not heard that before. It's a little bit cheeky /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I hate all that 'stealth' advertising, like when you buy a car, it's plastered with the dealers stickers, including the number plates and some of those little beauties are 'well' stuck on. Mucho cleaning required to get them off. This takes the biscuit as you don't have the option to remove it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Good that it's anti-relection though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Make no mistake, the logo is going! I am deciding which of my tools would do the job most effectively /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alex Stanley said:
Hammer, then phone Auto Windscreens /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif