Sky InsuranceJMB Retrofits
    Big Ron

Status

Post Saddam Sentenced

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/6117910.stm

Saddam Hussein sentenced to death

Saddam Hussein has been convicted of crimes against humanity and sentenced to death by hanging.

The former Iraqi leader was convicted over the killing of 148 people in the mainly Shia town of Dujail following an assassination attempt on him in 1982.

His half-brother Barzan al-Tikriti and Iraq's former chief judge Awad Hamed al-Bandar were also sentenced to death.

Former Vice-President Taha Yassin Ramadan got life in jail and three others received 15-year prison terms. Another co-defendant, Baath party official Mohammed Azawi Ali, was acquitted. Saddam Hussein and his co-defendants will be given the right to appeal, but that is expected to take only a few weeks and to end in failure for the defendants.

Interestingly enough the same amount of people of have died everyday due to violence since he was ousted. That country is fecked man and it depresses me every time I see it on the news
    Last edited by silver75; 7th November 2006 at 12:24.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

2. # ADS
    ADS

Turbo Sport

Status
    Think you would be hard pushed for anyone to stick up for the man , but as usual its the "people" who will pay for it with blood,on the news when the announced the sentance bagdad was celibrating , yet when it showed you Tikrit (sadams birthplace) they where all screaming revenge!!!!!!!
    I can only hope that they can get the country "settled" enough that our troops can get out ,as i dont belive loosing one off our fighting men and woman are worth loosing never mind the amount we have lost now ,this could become another "N/Ireland" with the "troubles"
    The Iraqi people deserve some peace and a fair democracy i just dont know if they will see it in my life time
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

"Lets fire up the Quattro" DCI Gene hunt,,,,,,,ashes to ashes

6 pot AP

Status
    weehee the w**k, long slow painfull death i would insist
    scooby for now

RS4 next

3rd Gear

Status
    If they hang him he will become a martyr, and the violence will only become worse, they should keep him alive in prison for the rest of his days, and what a insult if it was a American jail in America.

Youre Dethpicable!!

Status
    Good to see te Looni taken out, shame about the country
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by silver75
    Interestingly enough the same amount of people of have died everyday due to violence since he was ousted. That country is fecked man and it depresses me every time I see it on the news
    That's the stupid thing, that people are still dying just as they were when he was in power. It infuriates me when Bush/Blair come on the telly saying they're doing the right thing, when they're just achieving what Saddam did anyway.

I nearly threw my dinner through the telly when I saw George Bush say that the world was a safer place for them having toppled Saddam. I think this was the same day a report came out saying that the war in Iraq was exacerbating anti-Western feeling amongst extremist groups and that Great Britain was more likely to be attacked as a result.

That's right Georgey, your war has put me more at risk. That's really making the world safer, isn't it? You cock. Saddam shouldn't be sentenced to death, just because it would piss Bush off.
    03 A3 (8L) TDi quattro Sport, Aluminium Silver with leather, armrest, cruise, xenons and me at the wheel

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by batwad
    That's the stupid thing, that people are still dying just as they were when he was in power. It infuriates me when Bush/Blair come on the telly saying they're doing the right thing, when they're just achieving what Saddam did anyway.

I nearly threw my dinner through the telly when I saw George Bush say that the world was a safer place for them having toppled Saddam. I think this was the same day a report came out saying that the war in Iraq was exacerbating anti-Western feeling amongst extremist groups and that Great Britain was more likely to be attacked as a result.

That's right Georgey, your war has put me more at risk. That's really making the world safer, isn't it? You cock. Saddam shouldn't be sentenced to death, just because it would piss Bush off.
    With you on that one.
    S4.

Big Ron

Status
    The best solution now would be to to devide the country sunni/shia/kurd, but then the iraqis in the south dont want that as all the oil is in the north, this will be worse than vietnam.. wish we never got involved in this mess.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

5th Gear

Status
    It's obviously one of his double's in the dock... The 'real' Saddam's living next door to Bin Laden in Tower Hamlets.............
    In my personal opinion

Big Ron

Status

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05

3rd Gear

Status
    Soon be crimbo

Just bought a S3!

Status
    i agree with you batwad....annoys me seeing bush and blair on telly talking about the "good "that they are doing when they are responsible for more death than saddam ever was. Complete hypocrites!! Iraq war is a complete disaster, Britain and US bang on about north korea and UN resolutions etc when they blatantly went against it to go into the war in the first place!...this world is soo f-kd up!!

bird spotter

Status
    we should have left him in power in the first place, he seemed to be doing a job over there, and kept them all in line, even if the iraqi people were being threatend or killed who cares at least there would be less to come here, but as we caught him it now seems the biggest mistake was not to have put a couple of bullets in his head at the time then torched his body and dragged it through the streets like they do to our troops, maybe a internet broadcast beheading would be appropriate 'a la taliban'.
    the middle east is no longer a major player in world war a couple of daisycutter bombs would sort that lot out, the major threat now come from the far east, korea china etc and i think we will see some action over there
    If you see a drain cover, open it and you will see britain sinking into the effluent.....

Turbo Sport

Status
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

"Lets fire up the Quattro" DCI Gene hunt,,,,,,,ashes to ashes

Beer God

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by *Rashs3*
    i agree with you batwad....annoys me seeing bush and blair on telly talking about the "good "that they are doing when they are responsible for more death than saddam ever was. Complete hypocrites!! Iraq war is a complete disaster, Britain and US bang on about north korea and UN resolutions etc when they blatantly went against it to go into the war in the first place!...this world is soo f-kd up!!
    Well, its just my opinion but I would have to disagree with you on several points. Saddam was responsible directly and indirectly for hundreds of thousands of deaths in the 40 years he was in power, he killed his own people, the kurds, the shia, iranians, kuwaiti's and isreali's. Things are slowly getting better out there but you wont read about it because good news in Iraq doesnt shift papers. Also there wasnt any UN resolutions broken in the invasion, the whole war was based upon resolutions passed during and after the first Gulf War which forbade Iraq gaining or attempting to gain weapons of mass destruction.

Saddam was a nasty ******* and they took him out on some dodgy evidence, where the war went wrong was the planning for the months afterwards.

Just my pennies worth.
    Volvo V50 D5 R-Design

Big Ron

Status
    as far as I remember, and someone will correct me if I am wrong but most of the countries were waiting for a new resolution in order to invade Iraq legitimatly and instead of waiting the 'coalition' invaded it anyway.

Smart Roadster 03
    Ford Sportka 05