• Green Flag

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 4 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TQS

Reaction score
For those without the comfort of Audi warranty, what do people go for nowadays out RAC, AA and Green Flag??

AA for me, but I agonised over the decision for a while...

My main thought about the RAC was that they handle a lot of stuff for Audi, so they probably know their onions. On the other hand though, the AA have more of their own patrols, and offer parts and labour cover for repairs which was unmatched at the time I was signing up. They now only have a 'lite' version (something like 3 x £500 claims per year as opposed to the daddy 3 x £1000 claim option which they used to have), but I guess either way it's probably worth having if you've no warranty.

Regards,

Rob.

I only started to have AA recovery when I bought the S3, due to it being turbocharged, I thought it was cheap insurance in the event of a breakdown. I've made use of them twice in 4 years membership, my gearbox woes in the S3 last month, and putting petrol into my Passat TDI at BP 3 years ago :keule: , it's paid for itself already!, and they havn't let me down. :thumbsup:

I've been with the AA for 10 years,.....................and they've been superb ;)

I've certainly had my money's worth with all the Vauxhalls I had LOL!!

im with RAC, never used em though yet !

AA for me too after seeing that documentary on the RAC selling people batteries they didn't need at the side of the road.

I've been with the RAC 10 years now and can't fault the guys in my area...

1/ Clutch plate went at late on a Friday night, sent a guy out in a van to check it over, he organised a flat bed to tow me to the nearest garage. On arrival I was told that he wasn't supposed to Ferry me home from the garage.. however as he knew where I stayed , no worries he'll gimme a lift..

2/ Pedal box failure, again towed in and again relayed home in the van...

3/ Engine Failure courtesy of VAG (Don't Ask!!!) Towed in on a flat bed, was in formed that I couldn't be given a lift home as I'd asked to be taken to the garage..."But I'll call and see where Wullie is, I know he's on shift just know and he stays up the road from you.." Wullie turned up and gave me a lift home...

So no, I can't fault them at all been pretty good, mind you haven tried any of the other services...

I think it depends if you need just for your car, or you want to be covered in any car. As I get my breakdown through my car insurance, find I get it at a much better cost, and tends to cover everything. (Obviously is only the car that is covered then)

AA for me ,
been a member for 6 years and only had to call them out once for me(few other times for family/friends) with a snapped driveshaft ,car taken to garage me taken to airport (24hrs car hire) and on way in under a hour of phone call! for my money you cant beat that !

I have mine linked to my insurance through direct line, and they use Green Flag. I must say, they were excellent a couple of weeks ago. The immobiliser had kicked in when I was about 40 miles from home, and my car needed recovering. They sent a flatbed (a quattro can't be towed) and recovered me to my house as the dealer was closed at midnight on Saturday. They then picked the car up from my home on Monday morning and took it to the dealer for me, without any extra charges.:thumbsup: