AH FabricationsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Advice from Scotland please

I'm thinking of taking the wife up to Scotland next spring for a few days but am not sure where to go.
    The criterea is simple, stunning scenery and GREAT ROADS !!
    We are only looking to stay in a B&B so am wondering if anyone can advise a good place to be based.
    A town/village is preferable so I can enjoy a single malt or two in the evening without having to drive.
    A3 2.0T FSI Quattro Sport

2. # ADS
    ADS

Reverse Gear

Status
    Got to be the west coast. Oban is a great stopping point for a dram or two!! I wouldn't stay in Fort William tho. Just doensnt have the same appeal as Oban. Go up the West to Loch Ness and Inverness if you have have time swing on to Skye just for the Island experiance. On the way down the A9 it's a rubbish road but there are a few nice towns on it. Pitlochry for one!! My opinoin!

1st Gear

Status
    Skye definately has nice scenery, and driving up by Loch Lomond is quite an experience, but it is a narrow twisty road, and you occasionally get some nutters on it too

If you want to be adventurous, why not go accross to some of the islands, like Lewis and Harris, or the Uists.
    My Fleet:
    B7 Audi A4 3.0 TDi 233 S-line Quattro
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 Quattro
    B5 Audi A4 1.9 TDi 110 SE
    B3 Audi 80 2.0 8v Sport

Reverse Gear

Status

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-L
    I'm thinking of taking the wife up to Scotland next spring for a few days but am not sure where to go.
    The criterea is simple, stunning scenery and GREAT ROADS !!
    We are only looking to stay in a B&B so am wondering if anyone can advise a good place to be based.
    A town/village is preferable so I can enjoy a single malt or two in the evening without having to drive.
    Where are you setting off from?

A3 2.0T FSI Quattro S-Line

Gone...and quite quickly forgotten

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Status
    Deffo west coast, forget the road to loch lomond. Take the road through Helensburgh past Faslane Naval Base ( where all the nuclear subs go to get fixed ) thats always good to see. Then just head round the lochs to Dunoon, cross over to Gourock on the Ferry then head down the coast to Largs ( GREAT ROAD ) then head up the back way to Glasgow. Plenty of places on the way that you could stop off and stay. If you go to Gourock let me know we could meet up for a pint!

6th Gear

Status
    Well if it was me ...........i would come to Crieff as i have a friend who owns a BB and is a Excellent Chef very nice place..it is central for all the places that are mentioned..........A run through the Trossachs and upto Oban is a great run is well ...........
    Urq RR
    S2 Coupe...RS2 +
    S2 Avant (slipper wagon spec)
    A4 AVANT TDI

Mugello Blue RS6 Saloon 03

Status
    no no guys, thats not scotland thats the central belt !!

Id advise staying at Drumnadrochit, and taking a drive from there to LOCHINVER, quite simply the best roads you will find in scotland.

We use to go from Inverness to Lochinver on the motor bikes, the scenery is spectacular.

Neutral

Status
    I hope you've applied for your passport in plenty of time and enrolled in 'Parliamo Glesga' lessons before you venture north.
    'Ochayethenoo' 'Hullarerjimmy' 'Howzitgawinpal' 'Minesapintanahauf'
    'Wheresthenearestchippyfurablackpuddinsuppaandacan airnbru'
    'Hullarermissushuvyeonyspareroomsfurthenight' (this is a must if you intend doing B&B)
    Lots of luck and enjoy your visit to Scotland