Green Taxes

Geordie Mike

Yeee-haw
Reaction score
I first came to this forum as I was all set to get an A4 avant, but then decided I wasn't that old, and have been looking at getting a 993 turbo instead next year (no point in having one in Aberdeen in the winter). I'm starting to worry that the government is serious on this green tax business, in which case there is no way I'm going to buy me a whopping great big lump of precision german engineering when the residuals are going the be hammered by an extra £1000+/yr tax. Am I just worrying too much about this? My current back up plan is to buy an Elise instead...

Mike

What's up with an A4 Avant!
They ain't a old mans car?! :p

No, but I figured I wanted to have the fun car before I had kids. Once I have kids they won't fit in a 911/Elise. The reason I want an A4 avant (eventually) is I want something that goes!

Mike

Im not letting the fat overbearing controlling twats stop me. I'll pay it if I have to. Its an utter joke, as if CO2 is the only conjugated gas which contributes to global warming. What about conjugated oxides of Nitrogen NOx and Sulphur SOx??? all of which contribute as much to the environmental issues as CO2 - Really pi$$es me off this ignoramous government and moronic pleb society we live in.

Its the over educated underacheiving tree huggers who have whipped this ****** up because they can't bear to see people do well for themselves and indulge in lifes niceties. I mean what difference are we really going to make with green taxes when the USA don't really five a **** and china just stick s it figers up to the rest of the world.

Some people won't be happy until we are all pedalling around on bicycles made from bark!

nervus said:
Im not letting the fat overbearing controlling twats stop me. I'll pay it if I have to. Its an utter joke, as if CO2 is the only conjugated gas which contributes to global warming. What about conjugated oxides of Nitrogen NOx and Sulphur SOx??? all of which contribute as much to the environmental issues as CO2 - Really pi$$es me off this ignoramous government and moronic pleb society we live in.

Its the over educated underacheiving tree huggers who have whipped this ****** up because they can't bear to see people do well for themselves and indulge in lifes niceties. I mean what difference are we really going to make with green taxes when the USA don't really five a **** and china just stick s it figers up to the rest of the world.

Some people won't be happy until we are all pedalling around on bicycles made from bark!

Agree with you, but that doesn't change what I think is gonna happen, and my stand won't involve me handing my wallet over the the government for them to spend on £300/roll wallpaper