997 GT3 RS review (pistonheads)

Amazing car but what a horrendous colour!!!

Sweet jesus I have never seen anything like it in my life :puke2:

john2garden said:
Amazing car but what a horrendous colour!!!

Sweet jesus I have never seen anything like it in my life :puke2:

It harks back to the early 70's cars, similar to the viper green they used to use. I like it, you've got to have a lairy colour on a car like that!

I'd have it in orange with the black writing. :yum:

Did you know that Porsche are the most profitable car company ever?

GM, Ford, VAG etc make more overall money but a higher percentage of Porsche's money is profit....

smitch said:
It harks back to the early 70's cars, similar to the viper green they used to use. I like it, you've got to have a lairy colour on a car like that!

I'd have it in orange with the black writing. :yum:

I think it looks ace in Viper Green.

But I'd have it in black with the orange wheels, lettering and wing.
Or special order white with red.
Or...

You got to see the promo DVD for it with the pro driver nailing it around the track

I have seen one in white, with white wheels...yummy yummy...can't wait to drive one...they may do a lauch day at milbrooke for it!!! can't wait

New targa launch this weekend..yummy

Are you f***** kidding me? That Viper green is the mutts nutts! Its a proper RennSport colour. A dealer would try to put you off it as it wont appeal to the masses, but that colour is part of its soul and what the cars all about.

It just screems in the voice of the khargon: 'Argghhhh, grandma get the f*** out of the way!' and thats standing still.

Anyone seen the Devil - I'd sell my soul for that car!

nervus said:
Are you f***** kidding me? That Viper green is the mutts nutts! Its a proper RennSport colour.

Here, here..

A dealer would try to put you off it as it wont appeal to the masses, but that colour is part of its soul and what the cars all about.

Sometimes I wonder about OPCs.
They try to put you off Speed Yellow too.
"Ooh Sir, you should consider another colour as that will never sell on...why don't you consider Seal Gray?"
"No, I'm not buying it for the next owner...I'm buying it for me....and I want it in yellow"
"but Sir..."
Enough already.

It seems that all they want is to sell yet another boring silver/gray/black/dark blue car.
A total lack of imagination in my view.

I'd rather have any of Grand Prix White, Speed Yellow, Guards Red, Absolute Orange, Viper Green, Maritime Blue, Rubystone Red etc, rather than yet another safe colour.

A lairy car deserves a lairy colour.
You don't buy an RS to blend in...so why try?

nervus said:
Are you f***** kidding me? That Viper green is the mutts nutts!

Nah I disagree, that would make my eyes bleed! Last time I seen a colour like that it was on a Polo or something. Truly honking!

EVO magazine had a write-up on the same car this month but it was only a passenger ride. They showed pictures of two cars; one in orange with black graphics and the other reversed - I thought the orange looked fab!