Would you say this is a warranty claim or not.

G4JSG

Gotcha!!!
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.oktogo.co.uk
The driver windows switches and the plastic door handle are starting to look really shabby as the rubber covering is starting to come off abd it looks really ugly.

Now in my head that is a bad design. If the pant on the outside of the car started to peel off then no one would buy an Audi. So the covering coming off the button and door handle seems to me to be a warranty issue.

What do you think and has anyone got the same problem sorted out under warranty before?

I had a door trim replaced under warranty at VW for a Golf Cab I use to own, the rubber covering was starting to peel off where the grab handle was, so I pointed it out to the service guy who was pretty helpful to be honest. My car was under 3 years old at the time also though.

Wear & tear my friend. Paint is covered under a seperate warranty, so unless you have another warranty covering interior trim I would say it's down to you. Otherwise all French manufacturers would've gone bust overnight.

Yup, me mum had the same with her Seat Ibiza. That was replaced under warranty. Seems a bad design fault 7 years ago is still continuing.