AH FabricationsJMB Retrofits
    You’re Dethpicable!!

Status

Smile Which Cordless Impact Wrench is good?

Hey guys, I wanted to buy one of those electric tourque wrench for me wheels, it's a hassel taking them in and out and breaking my back and legs, so I wanted to know if any of you have one? recommend any? or which one in the following link sounds good? cheers

http://froogle.google.co.uk/froogle?...oogle&ct=title
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Allot of money just to take your Wheels off??
    Urq RR
    S2 Coupe...RS2 +
    S2 Avant (slipper wagon spec)
    A4 AVANT TDI

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Yup, I know, expected like £100 but no more, but anyway I'd be able to use it on any car and hopefully for several years, so I'm seeing it as a worth while investment
    2002 S3 BAM | Jabba Re-Map | Uprated Haldex | Koni adjustable coilovers | Neuspeed ARBs | Powerflex Bushes | ECS tie-bars | Dog bone | Eibach spacers | TTDA | T'Dynamics DV | Dieselgeek short shift | Toyos | MIJ Custom Exhaust | Sound system | Security Tints |

Audi S3-BAM

va va voom

Status
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    I'm taking it you fit the big red thingy to the wrench in the second link? That thing looks huge and scary lol, not sure how close I'd wanna be to that. Any idea of the ones I've posted are any good?

Audi S3-BAM

Status
    I've got a Snap-On 1/2 drive battery impact gun and it's epic!
    Never short of power, never breaks, battery life is good.

You get what you pay for with these things...having tried cheap stuff, the Snap-On is in a different league!

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Hey there Ess, cheers for the reply mate, Just wondering could you tell me is yours the "1/2" Drive Impact Wrench", "Heavy Duty wrench" or "Super Duty"? and did you order it from Snap-on in the USA?

Audi S3-BAM

are we there yet
    Get the halfords jobby, cant remeber how much it was and the neighbours might take the p but at least im not breaking my back getting the nuts off

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Hey there Ess, cheers for the reply mate, Just wondering could you tell me is yours the "1/2" Drive Impact Wrench", "Heavy Duty wrench" or "Super Duty"? and did you order it from Snap-on in the USA?
    I got mine from the local Snap-On tools man...it was on offer as I remember.
    Anyway, mine is about 6 years old and never missed a beat despite having some serious abuse.

The new version is this:
    http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Intelligent charger, two batteries and a damn good impact gun.
    I've never needed more.

Please note:
    The views expressed on Audi-Sport.net are the personal views of its contributors (including me), and not that of the Website or the Moderator/Administration team.

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    cheers mate, looks like a real nice decent product, think I'll be getting it soon.

Audi S3-BAM

1st Gear

Status
    I have two, the first one I bought is an SIP, pretty good, still works after about three years abuse and Ł130ish. Second one is an 18V 1/2" drive Snap On, as Ess_Three says, brilliant and will last for ever but do you really need to spend Ł400 to take wheels off? I used to work for ADR Motorsports running the official UK works GrpN Evos until last year so you need the best gear you can buy as speed counts in 15 minute service.
    2001 S3|Ebony Black|Revo|MTM Clutch|RS4 Reps|Tarox Brakes
    '95 Corrado VR6|Classic Green|Koni/Eibach|Undergoing major rebuild!

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    well it's $400 so around £265, and I'm splitting the cost with someone. Plus A) If I can get the job done quicker then I'd rather take that route. b) I'm lazy and have back problems so eventually it's either breaking my back or me car (would rather not do either) thanks for the feedback on the product though, know anywhere I can get it from here?

Audi S3-BAM

1st Gear

Status
    If you're looking for the Snap On one, just look out for your local Snap On man, you'll regularly see them driving about so flag him down. Or you could go to a local garage and ask when he comes there, they have a regular weekly round.

A better way might be to ask the guy to let you know when he gets a trade in as people trade up their 12 or 14 volt items for the 18 and for home use either would be plenty good enough.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    The local Snap-On guy charges something like £329+vat for the same item.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - ÂŁ400

1st Gear

Status
    Ebay numbers:

Should be enough to keep watching!

Whoever does not try, does not learn.

Status
    Funny, I was looking at the same thing last week, and I came across this http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...nches_12v.html - i can’t really afford to pay > £200, so I’m going for the cheaper option and will purchase Clarke CIR-13
    Audi S3 (52) 265bhp Revo Stage 1

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo
    The local Snap-On guy charges something like Ł329+vat for the same item.
    Got a number for ur local snap on guy? if he's in burmingham then it's just as good cause my bro's up there, that's if you've got it, cheers

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tonedef
    Ebay numbers:

Should be enough to keep watching!
    Are these phone numbers?

Audi S3-BAM

You’re Dethpicable!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by rraghvani
    Funny, I was looking at the same thing last week, and I came across this http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carrevi...nches_12v.html - i can’t really afford to pay > Ł200, so I’m going for the cheaper option and will purchase Clarke CIR-13
    Looks interesting, but I'm guessing it won't last long? Got any experience with them? main reason I'm going for snap on is so that I don't have to buy another one for years to come, and from previous experiences from members on here?

Audi S3-BAM

Whoever does not try, does not learn.

Status
    Well I suppose it depends on how you use it; never heard of Clarke before; and for £25 can't really complain.
    Audi S3 (52) 265bhp Revo Stage 1

are we there yet
    I say get the dearest one going trowl the internet and as soon as you see one that is really expensive BUY IT you will feel so so happy

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Defratos
    Are these phone numbers?
    No, they're Ebay item numbers for Snap On rattle guns offered at the moment.