I'll think about you all ...

wigginer

Reaction score
... when I'm in Tenerife on Friday.

Not wanting to rub it in or anything but ... I will! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Will be thinking about you's ... maybe last post for a while. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Psssst..... Leave yer car keys under the welcome mat, and I'll keep it polished and warm for you!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

Regards
Dave M

Awwwww C'mon now Buddie, That's not very sporting of you, Share and share a like n' a'that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/fuck_you.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Regards
Dave M

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Where TF is Tenerife ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical Yank if it's outside of the States it doesn't exsist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

It's one of the Canary Islands....the biggest I think... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just for you Drill Tenerife web page!

Enjoy your Hols Wigginer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
Where TF is Tenerife ??

[/ QUOTE ]

Typical Yank if it's outside of the States it doesn't exsist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

It's one of the Canary Islands....the biggest I think... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Just for you Drill Tenerife web page!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in my defense, I knew where the Canary Islands were /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Have a top time mate and make sure you have a good few /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Well, I'm back and suitable sunned, re-charged, rested and ready to go back to the grind (well not the latter actually!).

Great week, great weather on the whole, except for Tuesday AM when it thrashed it down. Tenerife being a large volcanic mountain (highest in Spain) does not hold water very well and end ups depositing most things that are not bolted down onto its roads. Many accidents on the motorway (singular), emergency services batting around like crazy... bit like the England when it snows a couple of inches.

eh Drill,
For the 'Geography bit' the Canary Islands are on the same latitude as Florida ... so nice and warm all year round.

And for the 'History bit' the Canary Islands was the starting point for Columbus's second voyage to America in 1493. The actual starting point was the island of Heirro. In the second century AD the Greek scientist and geographer Ptolemy took the western cape of Heirro as the most westernly point in the world and designated it the 'end of the world'. As a result the western tip of the Island, the Punta de Orchilla , was selected in 1634 as the prime meridian, to be generally superseded by Greenwich in England only in 1884. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/snore.gif

Who'd a thowt! ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif