SPECS Cameras - possible loophole???

C_Audiboy

Vroom Vroom
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Interesting article published today stating that you cannot get caught if you switch lanes!!! :) Made my day.....

More Here: SPECS

OK.......all we need now is a volunteer to test the theory out!

Any takers? ;)

Good, I never understood how these "average speed" scamera's worked...
cant understand how they missed this as most drivers dont stay in one lane through out a journey I know I dont..

"Motoring groups say police are putting too much reliance on cash-raising speed cameras which can fine a driver a few miles above the speed limit - but are unable to spot a dangerous, drunk, uninsured, or untaxed driver in an unroadworthy or stolen vehicle who is driving under the speed limit.
I thought speed cameras"
:iagree:

I've always found a strip of gaffer tape across the number plate works wonders....

Don't be stupid guys, this is not to do with them not being able to catch you - they still will and the technology works, it's a legal loophole that says they should not prosecute if you change lanes because they don't have type approval for using the system across lanes. That doesn't mean you still won't get a NIP in the post if you change lane, it just means you have another way to fight it when you get caught.

All as I understand it of course.

I guess sitting between lanes has a better chance than just changing to be honest; if two cameras get half your plate there is definitely no way they can use that; even piecing it together in the hope that it becomes readable, because as above, they're not type-certified.

...If you switch lanes you've got between one and three lanes to switch to, and in a stretch a couple of miles long there are countless cameras. I'd say you're more than likely going to be spotted by more than one camera in any given lane during that stretch, OK perhaps not consecutive ones, but you've then still got an average speed between point A and point B (or point C, D, E etc. if you will) - and if you're consistently speeding it doesn't matter whether they get your average over 200 yards or 2000, they've still got you.

There's the old favourite of finding an to snuggle up with too; but to be honest with SPECS I just don't push my luck; normally I stick to the posted limit on the button (traffic permitting), as it's only going to be a couple of miles max and I'd really rather not risk the points - the closest I've ever been was when on the way back from Ipswich in convoy with a mate of mine on his way to a gig he did in Liverpool and the needle was scratching 45 a few times in the 40 as I kept up with him - suddenly he spotted someone else's RA a blaze of red and realised he'd not updated his and relaxed it a bit though, but it was a nervous couple of weeks.

Regards,

Rob.

i remember driving through a spec area on the way back from manchester airport a few months ago.

was early hours of morning and i was tired, i knew there were specs but it slipped my mind near the end of the area and without thinkin autopilot kicked in and i worked up to 70'ish.

saw a spec in the distance and realise what id done so pulled into hard shoulder very quickly and sat tight for 30 seconds or so.

Never hd nething through luckliy.