timewasters on ebay

205man

Reaction score
dont you just hate some people???

ive had listed on ebay my old mobile phone that i had before i just upgraded, its been on a week with some watchers etc and was due to run out tonight (sunday)

i had a couple of bids and as the end approached they slowy took it in turns to outbid each other, and then 10,ims before the end some knob comes along and places a bid of £460??????, for a phone that can be bought new for £150

so not only does he ruin my auction, im out of pocket as i have to pay for an auction that turned into a joke, and ive just checked his feedback and hes done to 2 other people tonight, and probably more

thanks a ****** lot idiot and ebay arent much better my mate had this happen to him ages ago and he keeps getting bagered by the same person to sell items privately and ebay doesnt ban him???

rant over thank you

alan

I don't sell anything electrical on there anymore as this happened to me, ****** time wasters. :(

Were there any genuine bidders bidding around the "proper" price mark, you could of offered a second chance offer to them.
Also as this idiot will probably not pay for the phone, why not report the item unpaid, after about 10 days if there is no resolution you will get your moeny back for listing the item :)

ive already reported him, but ebay basically arent intrested

and today ive recieved 2 dodgy paypal email saying hes paid the money into my account but it wont show until they get a postage despatch number??? yeah right im sure

and then she (its not a he after all) sent me another email saying the phone is for her husband working in nigeria and that she was working in brazil, offering me £30 extra to post it directly to her husband as she couldnt from where she is

what planet are these people on?? and who in there right mind would believe it

they just racked me off as i lost a sale, as the person who was bidding bought the same phone from someone else after as they thought they had lost mine

F$eckers :mad:

I always put a line in the add advising no scammers etc etc, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Just a pain in the *** for us genuine ebayers :(

Agreed. eBay can be a nightmare sometimes because of the scammers; but on the other hand it can be equally as great. Last Sunday for instance, I listed my Dad's old digital camera, and within half an hour of it appearing in the keyword search (about two and a half hours into the seven day listing) it was bought and paid for with buy it now.

As Aldo points out though, a few choice words in your listing can sometimes put off the scammers - I guess more because they realise you're on to them and it's only a matter of time before their efforts with you fail than for the fear of any repercussions...

1) I would prefer bidders with feedback scores of less than <3/5/whatever> to contact me before bidding.

2) The only thing I will post to countries outside Europe will be ticking when it arrives and extremely hot to the touch when opened.

Serously though, keep pestering eBay, they always seem pretty disinterested at first, but if you're persistent you normally get some resolve.

Regards,

Rob.