Justin has left The Darkness

filipharvey

Amusing Tagline
Reaction score
Dunno if anyone is a fan on here, but I sure am! Really sad news, wish it wasn't true! Went to see them for my 21st this year. They were class!

Dan, Richie and Ed have said they will try to carry on without him, but apparently have been dropped by they're record label. Not suprised really though, its not the product Atlantic Records bought, and Justin IS The Darkness!

Anyway, I apologise if no-one is a fan on here, but its really bugged me hearing this and I just wanted to share my views!!!

:crying:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006470303,00.html

(I know its The Sun, but it has been confirmed on thedarnessrock.com's forum and also their MySpace page)

Fair enough! I can understand that! Was kinda expecting that to be the reply!

Each to their own I suppose.....

Someone has got to, otherwise how could he afford to blow (or should I say snort) a grand a week on cocaine???

Don't worry dude, you're not alone :)

I'm a fan of The Darkness and what they stand for too.

You wouldn't believe just how many times I've played their 2 albums whilst doing the washing up and ironing LOL!!!

People complain about them, but I see them as a ****** good refreshing change from boy-bands and mindless RnB.

Dan Gliballs said:
Don't worry dude, you're not alone :)

You wouldn't believe just how many times I've played their 2 albums whilst doing the washing up and ironing LOL!!!

:haha:

Dan Gliballs said:
I see you're local flower,..........come round and I'll iron your ****** *** LOL!! ;)

Ok sweet pea, but only if you do my work shirts aswell :search:

Randomjim said:
Ok sweet pea, but only if you do my work shirts aswell :search:

Well my little pearl of the orient,......I'd go to your workplace for a rest :moa:

Is this anyones Flirting or can the S&M division of Audi-sport.net join in with Captain Ben Dover and Major Insertion at the ready......:sex: :kiss: :thrashi:

I thought this was about someone jumping from denzel back to petrol...

Oh and I get the mother in law to do my ironing :) Well she insists on visiting so she may as well do something useful...

marriedblonde said:

Oh and I get the mother in law to do my ironing :) Well she insists on visiting so she may as well do something useful...

Is she called dan? :laugh:

marriedblonde said:

Eeeeh my mother-in-law.

She came round the other night, I opened the door, I said "Don't stand out there in all that cold and wind and rain,.........................go home".

Daniel son!!!!

MrMiyagi.jpg

Dan Gliballs said:
People complain about them, but I see them as a ****** good refreshing change from boy-bands and mindless RnB.
Yeah whacked out cokeheads are much better role models :lmfao:

Cookie! said:
Yeah whacked out cokeheads are much better role models :lmfao:

I'd say so yes.

It's that or hair-sprayed/floppy haired Volvic drinkin boy band wet boy scrotes :)

A refreshing change yes, but singing falsetto over the top of 70's soft rock guitar riffs from Rainbow and the like is hardly groundbreaking.
Pub band at best. Carry on without him? I don't think so

AndyMac said:
but singing falsetto over the top of 70's soft rock guitar riffs from Rainbow and the like is hardly groundbreaking.

There's hardly anything new and ground breaking left for ANY band to do anymore though. Everything in the charts sounds like somebody else, most avenues/styles seem to have been explored,.........that's innevitable.

There will be no more legends, no more supergroups, and virtually nothing new. Very sad :(

I'd still rather listen to 70's rock riffs though all the same.

Rainbow riffs?...............those Hawkins brothers couldn't get NEAR Blackmore's playing ;)

How True... you are a man of wisdom "Mr Gliballs" (Subtle, but clever!:o.k: ):rock: :thrashi: :jester:

OK maybe not groundbreaking but there's still some originality left to add to what's been done before.
Every band is obviously influenced by the past but there's still plenty of scope to fuse 2 good things together and create something original.
Lyrics for a start, you're not honestly saying theres no good books left to be written?
If we're talking chart material then I think someone like Pink for example has managed to fuse the spirit of RnB/rap with rock but with decent lyrics. To me that creates something original. Like it or not there's no one else doing anything similar. Gwen Stefani's done some good stuff crossing a whole bunch of different genres, from rap, rock to reggae.
What I object to is the plain theft that seems to be rampant in the charts these days, with nothing added to make it something new.
I'd rather be subjected to the Sugababes sampling Gary Newman (which is at least different) than a pale immitation of the Fall from the likes of the ****** Artic Monkeys.

At least Take that are back together otherwise i would be a nervous wreck

filipharvey said:
Dunno if anyone is a fan on here, but I sure am! Really sad news, wish it wasn't true! Went to see them for my 21st this year. They were class!

Dan, Richie and Ed have said they will try to carry on without him, but apparently have been dropped by they're record label. Not suprised really though, its not the product Atlantic Records bought, and Justin IS The Darkness!

Anyway, I apologise if no-one is a fan on here, but its really bugged me hearing this and I just wanted to share my views!!!

:crying:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006470303,00.html

(I know its The Sun, but it has been confirmed on thedarnessrock.com's forum and also their MySpace page)

Damn!!! There goes the bottom outta CK "Super Tight Thongs":Flush: ******!! Thought I had an untapped market there to aid "tribute bands" achieve their goal....:eiertritt: