2003 is just not my year

noodle

Reaction score
After driving without incident for the past 13 years, I've had 2 accidents in my S3 in the last 4 months /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

The first claim is still not settled yet as the car who pulled into the side of me still refuses to accept liability, then this morning, on the way into work, lost it big time on a r/about, even though only travelling at about 15 mph.
The problem being, I was planning on braking but, after a foot slip, pressed the accelerator and that was it. Straight into the kerb, bounced across the road into waste land.
All 4 wheels are furked, the front bumper needs attention and I'm hoping that the chasis is still sound.

I'm really looking forward to my renewal next year - that is if Admiral will re-insure me.

Wot a crap day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif

Bad news noodle, but all is not lost....yeah ok so it's hard to think like that now!

It's true what Gambba says. It's all relative. There's always tomorrow and you never know what that has in store. You could run over a kid and all your earlier anxiety would seem minor in comparison. You've got to look on the bright side.

Sorry to hear of your plight Noodle - it'll all work out in the end (not easy to see at this very minute I know, but it will...)

Maybe it's a sign that you should be upgrading to an S4??!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thanks for your replies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif.

Feeling a little better today.

I've just spoken with the bodyshop who have the car (Nationwide Accident Repair Centres, incase anybody has any views on them) and they estimate the repair at £6500, which is made up mostly of parts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif - 4 new wheels and tyres, new front bumper, 2 interior door trims, front suspension, seat airbags, front disc and some other stearing stuff at the front.

Can't believe it caused so much damage /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

sorry to hear about wot happened noodle.
i used nationwide when i got my mkiv golf recovered. personally i would not use them again. the colour match was awful and they took ages to do the work. i had to take the car back at least 4 times!!
The branch i used was in bedfordshire. maybe the one near you will be better.
Adam

Hope it goes alright Noodle, I take it you've claimed off the insurance rather than paying for it yourself? At least that way if it does go wrong you can complain to the insurance and they can get on your case for you...