Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    6th Gear

Status

Unhappy A43 Truvelo question

Morning, on the A43 from the M40 to the M1 there are 3 Truvelos. One either side on the dual carriage going up the hill and one more further down nearer the M1 J15 on the otherside of the dual carriageway. This one is a forward facing camera I understand, but I was on the other side doing a rate of knots the other way...

Does anyone know whether this will catch me out? It was last week so still have a week for the NIP to potentially come through it does!

Your info is appreciated.
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    The truvelo cameras work by measuring your speed as you pass over some wires buried in the road. Photos are taken to provide evidence. So if you don't pass over the sensors then it can't measure your speed.

Amusing Tagline

Status
    I was once travelling towards one of these at 3 figure speeds (back in the day, when I was a calibra driver!), anyway, I wasn't really paying much attention to things on the side of the road, they had just put those coloured reflectors down, red green and white, and the sunset was making them look really pretty! Anyway, I looked up and saw this thing, stamped on my brakes, and went over the sensors (3 white lines painted on the road) at 40mph (60 limit), that was lucky, no ticket!

So, yes, you do have to go over the white lines, over the speed limit to get caught, and they work in either direction. It knows which direction the speeding car was heading by which of the 3 line sensors were hit first!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce

Senior

Status
    Got caught by that very camera 5 years ago, so it does work but I was on the same side of the road as the camera. I doubt it covers the other side of the road as there is some armco between you and the camera
    99 S3 Absolute red

6th Gear

Status
    Cheers for the info, better go and have a look at the road to see if there are any strips to make sire. Just annoyed with myself, as I knew that there are three cameras but after the first two I just booted it and forgot about it. Still better reason to get a snooper now...
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

Yakshimash!

Status
    The truvello cameras can only be configured to cover one direction or the other (not both if on a dual-caridgeway).
    Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Black
    The higher the monkey climbs, the more you can see its arse

Amusing Tagline

Status
    There are 2 types, Single direction, with only 2 strips and Both direction with 3 strips.

The single direction are usually forward facing.

So if it only has 2 strips and was facing the other traffic and not you, you will be fine!
    Audi A6 1.8T Avant

Alfa 156 3.0 V6 Veloce