My Track day at Bruntingthorpe !

Olly_K

Reaction score
wicked day !
Originally booked the Ferrari 360 and Lambo Gallardo, but you could pay to go in any other car they had there, so I thought it rude not to ***** 125 notes on 4 laps in the Murcielago !

Some pics : (Which will be in the gallery too !)

Superb!!!!!!!!!!.........great Pics.......so did they feel as fast as your RS4?

Looks like fun. I take it you had a brilliant day Olly?

Now it all makes sense... If you read Evo you'll understand what I mean! A lambo and a fezza 360...

J.

very very nice pics, wish i can drive motors like that, will just have to stick to my mums m3

very different cars, the speed and the noise was absolutely fantastic.
The Murcielago had to be the best, never used 1st or 2nd (apart from going out of the pits) but you would floor it in 3rd, the torque was amazing.....you knew you were going fast, very fast, so you look at the rev counter cos you should be changing gear soon, and its only at 4k so you keep your foot planted and it just goes and goes and goes and goes !
All 3 cars felt very tight, like i said power everywhere in the rev range, where the RS4 is all top end only.
Even so I dont think my RS4 would stand a chance against any of these ! plus it doesnt have the looks.
Needless to say I've spunked another tenner on the lottery tonight :)

MB, one of the best days of my life (come on, I sit at a PC all day and night !)

Raymie, the whole thing was pretty cheap, i think it was 250 or 280 for 3 laps in both the 360 and gallardo, and 125 for 4 laps in the Murcielago.

Cant be bad !

Still buzzing now really !

I did the same experience at Bruntingthorpe last year, driving a 911 and 360 Spider and just loved it - especially the Ferrari! The instructor was great and told me to nail the Ferrari on the back straight. I shall never forget the noise, speed and then the burning smell once I braked for the corner!

Incidentally, that Murcielago belongs to a chap called Simon who is a contributor to EVO magazine. Apparently, this orange wonder is due to be replaced by the 06 Murcielago by the end of the year. Funny thing is, in the last pictures I saw of his car in the magazine (from the Le Mans trip), he had a Union Jack painted on the roof?

Here's some pics from the day; me jumping into the 911, the Ferrari and then driving the 360:

[URL="http://homepage.ntlworld.com/michelle.wood50/Car/GettingIntoPorsche.jpg"][/URL]

Thoroughly recommend the day out, it's a must for petrolheads! :yum:

Ah someone kinda got the connection I was making - Simon George also owns half a red 360 which he uses for track day experiences. I'm assuming thats the one Olly was driving?

J.

yeah, the bloke owned the car and we had a good chat, there was no union jack on the roof but in some of the photos that were on display there was one.
So this guy writes for EVO ?

Yer his car is featured in the long termers. He put a union jack on his car for his trip to Le Mans this year and did say he would keep it on as he liked it.

J.

marriedblonde said:
Ah someone kinda got the connection I was making - Simon George also owns half a red 360 which he uses for track day experiences. I'm assuming thats the one Olly was driving?

J.
That's it - Simon George (couldn't remember his surname!). It's definitely Simon's car because I recognise the number plate SG54 LAM. One way to get back the high cost of buying one is to let others thrash it!

And you're right, he co-owns a 360. Didn't he say in this month's EVO issue that both the Lambo and the Ferrari were laid up with transmission problems? Must have got them fixed, in which case, this month's feedback in EVO will have a heavy "Costs This Month" figure!

Yep thats the one. :)

I'd also like to add what a sad bunch of loosers we all are sat here on a saturday night!!!

I'll start enough thread for excuses why were not out on the town...

J.

:jump: That looks like a lot of fun. Im going buggy racing on wednesday, 0-60 in 3 seconds which is quicker than a ferrari i think

Not bad at all..............

Is that the entrants for the Citeron Berlingo challenge in the background of the second picture...??:)

Hi Guys,

Just a quick thanks to you all for your kind comments about my Murcielago! Glad you enjoyed driving it Olly k! If any of you fancy a shot round Bruntingthorpe then I'd be more than happy to give you double the laps you paid for. Great fan of Audi since they have transformed Lamborghini. I don't reckon a diablo would last for 2 hours the amount of hammer mine gets. The Union Jack was only a sticker by the way:yes:
I would love an RS6 to go with me Lambo. Just been to the Lambo factory and half the cars in the car park were German reg RS4's and RS6's. Love em.

Hello matey (see PM)
Do you have much dealings with driver dreams days ? or do you use other companies as well ?
I was thinking maybe an audi-sport only day out with a bunch of supercars !

Also, and I should probably ask this in a pm, but how well did you think I drove it ?

(be honest !)

Olly_K said:
Also, and I should probably ask this in a pm, but how well did you think I drove it ?

(be honest !)

Its just the gearbox that takes a bit of getting used to. I still crunch it sometimes since I occasionally still forget to use the full travel of the clutch. Nearly everyone crunches the box to start with. I usually tell people it is like driving a big Audi, but you drove it fine. Funny but people with fast/decent cars already, always drive the Lambo well. Its just out of warranty at the moment so I'm shi**ing myself everytime I hear the slightest noise.!

Trouble is I couldnt get the seat anymore forward because I'm such a short **** !

Just out of warranty ? Uh oh.....

Do you have much dealings with driver dreams days ? or do you use other companies as well ?
I was thinking maybe an audi-sport only day out with a bunch of supercars !