Red Bull Air Race - Tomorrow at Longleat

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Anyone here going?

Got my ticket a few weeks ago and can't wait...:yahoo:

Mike

Yep, I am going down there with the wife, my sister and her boyfriend. He is driving in his shiny red RX8 at 15mpg!!!

My car is poorly at the moment otherwise it would be a good blast down there to see if he can get away from me as easily as he could before.

Watch out for low flying planes!

cool,

i would say i'll see you there but there expecting about 100,000 people so it might be a bit of a challenge

i'll have to try and get some pics and post them up here afterwards

I'm going to this as well, it should be good as long as it dosent rain. I'm not taking the S3, Im getting a lift with a mate who has just bought a Fabia vRS - we are hoping to give it its full decent test.

Well, I got my ticket weeks ago and have been counting the days ever since...

...Then my old man told me he had tickets for Warton's families-day, so that threw a bit of a spanner in the works...

Add to that E38 and Trax it was always going to be a complicated weekend...

...Then I ended up getting stuck in a god-awful ill-equipped engineering firm in Rochdale until the wee hours of the morning trying to meet the most ridiculous brief for a PC I've ever heard; pretty much writing-off my chances of doing either of the above - so here I am writing this about to set off to sunny Rochdale again :(

Still, maybe it won't be too bad for day 2 of Southport Airshow tomorrow... ...But then I do get the feeling they just stretch the terminology and borrow some fatter seagulls from Blackpool!

Regards,

(a rather gutted)

Rob.

That's a great event :D hope you will enjoy yourself and post pics for us not going there ;)

I wanted to join the Red Bull Flug Tag last year, with my friends at college building our own plane, but then our project never saw the air :(

What a crap day. The worst organised event I have ever been to in my life. Got there at 9am and did not see a single thing and left at 2.20pm. What a joke. No one knew what was going on.
The pit lane never opened in the morning and only did so in the afternoon to keep people placated after they began to realise there were no planes.

2 planes did about 3 minutes flying and got blown all over the place. They tried to keep saying that it was being put back, even though one of the pilots said no way at 1.30pm!

Boo to Red Bull and a 6hr round trip on my weekend for nothing. Now I need to find something else to mix vodka with!

Dont moan at me about pilot safety I understand the reasons, just thought that with so many stewards, TV screens and speakers everywhere they could have let people know. They just wanted to make sure all the stalls were getting their pockets filled!

Rubbish!

watched it on Telly looked messy at the end would of not wanted to be there then i bet a lot of people ****** off

Well that was a waste of time - didn't even get into longleat!!

The traffic around the whole area was absolute carnage - ended up spending about 8 hours in the car going fricking nowhere!!! -got to within a half a mile & and they cancelled it!! :mad: :mad:

Did give me a chance to clean the inside properly though :salute: - much to my girlfriend and other motorists amusement