audi-sport.net guidelines

Jonmurgie

Reaction score
Website
www.maxdracing.co.uk
Is it just me or do the audi-sport.net guidelines seem a little unfair? I refer to the following two points:

10. Selling or Promoting of products or services (including commercial websites) is NOT ALLOWED by any company or any of there employees however related, unless the company concerned is currently advertising on audi-sport.net, or other prior arrangements have been made with the owners and operators of audi-sport.net.
Any commercial posts that do not meet with this criteria will be removed.

11. Actions to cause friction between audi-sport.net and any other website or individual is not acceptable and any user doing so will run the risk of loosing posting rights.
Linking to rival sites repeatedly is also seen as unacceptable.

So basically we can't talk about products by companies that aren't allowed to post/advertise on here and we can't cross link to another forum?

Seems a little unfair to me.. as if the AS.net guys are scared of this forum becoming an open debate for genuine enthusiasts chatting about products and getting an UNBIASED view of what's out there....

Might just be me but I keep being referred to the guidelines whenever I mention the word 'FORGE' and found it interesting reading!!

Jon

Jon,

I think it is more to protect the companies that are paying for advertising on the forums... If some company comes on here and starts advertising their stuff, then its a little unfair for the companies that DO pay for the right.

[ QUOTE ]
So basically we can't talk about products by companies that aren't allowed to post/advertise on here and we can't cross link to another forum?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is saying that you cant talk about companies that do not advertise on here... There are lots of posts about many companies that do not advertisie...

Rich

Maybe you need further clarification.

Point 10 is saying that we don't allow free advertising (not fair on those companies that pay for the advertising space) however it is disguised e.g. someone who works for a company or have links with a company (e.g. you do Forge's website for them, John works for AmD) can't just blanked post about their products.

However, if you want to do a group buy or something for a company that isn't advertising, that's fine - just run it by us first.

Point 11 - not sure why you put this here, or are you asking why we don't allow people to intentionally cause friction ???

It was the reference to 'Linking to rival sites repeatedly is also seen as unacceptable.'

Hence we can't post links to Tyresmoke or other forums like that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the only problem we have with tyresmoke is the fact they stole our intelectual property, so no we won't allow links to them, lets leave it there, I'll delete this thread later as we're not going to continue to stir that can of worms up again!

[ QUOTE ]
Jonmurgie said:
It was the reference to 'Linking to rival sites repeatedly is also seen as unacceptable.'

[/ QUOTE ]

Jonmurgie,

You posted a link to Revo today and that works fine In think you did this by way of offering personal advice/ help to a fellow AS user. This was acceptable under the guidelines as far as I understand. So what more do you want?

more free stuff from forge I reckon /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

even though he has not had a car tuned by revo, he recommends them, say no more!

I didn't realise there was a particular issue with Tyresmoke.. just guessed you have a range of domains you don't want links from.... I stand (or rather si) corrected on that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I'm selling the S3 (as I've already mentioned to you John) and so decided NOT to have it chipped, although Revo would do it for me if I wanted /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

All the goodies I fitted for Trax have now been removed and my S3 is totally standard (and has just been serviced BTW, so a great buy for someone me thinks!)

One thing I will say that I think is cool, that you haven't banned the use of certian words yet... on another forum I have seen where if you type a certain word, it just ****'s it out... like swearing I guess, but I'm talking about company names here!