Madman mortorcyclist

Steve-L

Reaction score
Driving on the A316 today heading towards London, the road at this stage is two lanes heading towards the first roundabout you get to and I am in the outside lane overtaking some cars and the next second this guy on a motorbike is right up my ****. I am already going faster than the limit and cannot pull in as there are cars on my left so I stay in the outside lane go round the roundabout and continue on.
By this time the guy has lifted his visor and whilst still almost touching my rear bumber starts waving his hand around telling me to get out the way, I show him the finger which I know is silly and I should have just ignored him but you know what its like when someone is tailgating, it gets your back up.
Anyway he goes crazy, he pulls alongside me and starts yelling his head off and punching his helmet, then he starts riding his bike as if he is going to ram my car but always stopped before he actually hit the car, all this whilst travelling at 40-50 mph. I eventually wind my window down and he's shouting "pull over you #@#@ I am going to kill you", not being the biggest/hardest bloke around I say no and wind back my window, he then carries on shouting at me, punches his own head a few more times and then accelerates of into the distance.

treblesykes said:
dab your lights on so he thinks your braking.

Or just smack the anchors on as hard as you possibly can and say that you though you saw a child running out in front of you.

He doesn't stand much chance of killing you with a broken neck does he?

I ride a bike and he sounds like a total idiot,not the norm.He should be a bit more sensible as one little knock from you would have him picking his kidneys off the floor.

Well i would of pulled over and kick his cu*t in .........game over!!!!!!!

well i would have slammed on the brakes soo hard when he was right up behind you then if he still got up then kicked his c*nt :biggrin:

jcs356 said:
Unfortunately I'm seeing more and more motorcyclists ride like this. Nutters.

I get issues with motorcyclists all the time on the way to work. I drive along the Old Kent Road as part of my commute and they way they carry on at times is shocking. No offence to any motorcyclists on here but they really do my nut.

You would figure a motorcyclist would want to be be more observant and more tolerant, it's all about self preservation, for his sake it is lucky that you were/are not as big a nutter as he is

I agree with the majority, i drive 30 thousand miles a year and believe me I have seen enough of this type of behaviour, I'm not saying its correct but in the situation as you described there are a few options....

I'd either clip him as he went past or if he was right up my **** i'd give him the handbrake, that way there's no lights to warn him. maybe when he's come through your rear window and is laying unconsious on your parcel shelf he'll understand the law of the road.

Find some consolation in the fact he'll probably kill himself.

silver75 said:
I get issues with motorcyclists all the time on the way to work. I drive along the Old Kent Road as part of my commute and they way they carry on at times is shocking. No offence to any motorcyclists on here but they really do my nut.

"they get right on my ****** cannister!" lol

If hes in the outside lane and wants to pass just flick the offside indicator and he will pass on the inside if enough room, maybe you just didn't spot him early enough. Absolutely no point in advocating rash behaviour such as braking or worse still using the handbrake. Admittedly there are a lot of crap bikers out there (city scooters are the worst!), but speaking from experience the average "car" driver doesn't appreciate the accelaration of most mordern bikes and rarely spot an approaching bike until its on their tail. Consideration needed all round i'd say? Do you really want the aggarvation of a court case or insurance claim?

BrianM said:
from experience the average "car" driver doesn't appreciate the accelaration of most mordern bikes and rarely spot an approaching bike until its on their tail. Consideration needed all round i'd say? Do you really want the aggarvation of a court case or insurance claim?
sorry man dont agree we all have to share the roads and some motorcyclists act like they are above the law.. they ride dangerously and take too many risks but if you go anywhere near them they start giving you the finger...

silver75 said:
sorry man dont agree we all have to share the roads and some motorcyclists act like they are above the law.. they ride dangerously and take too many risks but if you go anywhere near them they start giving you the finger...

Agree with Silver, we may not appreciate the acceleration of these machines, but there is a speed limit and there is also a sensible use of that speed, so accelerating up someones **** at full blat is not what i'd call careful riding, they want to act like tossers, treat them as such.

A4Quattro said:
Agree with Silver, we may not appreciate the acceleration of these machines, but there is a speed limit and there is also a sensible use of that speed, so accelerating up someones **** at full blat is not what i'd call careful riding, they want to act like tossers, treat them as such.

Well said.

I have to admit if I ever see a bike at a set of lights, I try and squeeze my car down their side - even if they are in the middle of the lane. They don't seem to like it when you nearly run over their feet or clip their **** with your wing mirror.

Yet it is apparently perfectly acceptable to do the opposite to a car when you're riding a bike.