Three Peaks Challenge

VaulterTim

In a world of my own...
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this?

It's basically a challenge to climb the highest peaks in Scotland, England and Wales... Ben Nevis, Scaffel Pike and Snowdon... and over the weekend myself and a few friends from work did it, in that order. But some numpty... in their infinite wisdom, decided it would be a good idea to attempt completing it in 24 hours! That includes driving between the Peaks :tocktock:

So we camped at Ben Nevis in Fort William on Saturday night and then at 0805 on Sunday we started climbing... :keule:

22hours and 55minutes later, myself and one of my mates had done it! :rockwoot:

What an awesome experience... one I will not forget for a long time... predominantly because I will still be aching this time next year! :gaehn:

Cheers

T

Yeah I've it done a couple of years ago. We kinda a cheated on the transport front though. Flew by helicopter between start points.

Helicopter!? Good shout! I bet it didn't do much for your recovery though... 2 or 3hrs broken sleep in the back of a minibus was hard enough.

Yeah did it with 3 others from my Unit as part of an Army competition. No need for any sleep as we did it quite quickly

auroan said:
3.5 hours for nevis (up and down .. we jogged it)
2.5 hours for scafell
2.5 (pyg trail) snowdon

Same here :D

But we didn't jog Nevis, walked up and RAN down... came down the big gulley you can see on the right-hand side on the way up... before it all levels off mid-way through..?

Then sat in the river when I got down to cool the legs off before showering and putting my feet up for an hour whilst waiting for everyone else!

We also took the Pyg trail up Snowdon... reached the summit at 0530, just after the sun had come up... what a wonderful site... and feeling, knowing that we had almsot definately made it inside the 24hr mark we had set. Just had to get down without breaking anything! 40 minutes out from the finish I became very aware that if we made a concerted effort we may even get inside 23hrs... so I said to my mate, 'I'm off'... and legged it!!

Cheers

Tim