Top Gear reminder

****** missed it! I think it is repeated either tomorrow or Tuesday (can't remember)

Pretty low budget this week, but ****** funny.
Mondeo/Vectra/Mazda reviews + caravanning holiday

Caravan Holiday was class james May needs to go back to driving school ...lol

i think they got a bit carried away with the vectra review :lol: caravaning was a great bit of tv from the 3 stooges

this style is entertaining do miss the propr car challenges though..

dummi said:
i think they got a bit carried away with the vectra review :lol:quote]

I agree. I don't doubt that the Vectra chassis is predominantly an understeerer, but we all know that a car's handling characteristics can be exaggerated or minimised by the way it's driven. I'm pretty certain that JC was deliberately driving the car in way that over-emphasised the understeer. I'd even go as far as to say the Stig was doing the same, and that if he'd chosen to, he could have got the car round the track on a tidier line and in a faster time than he did

I've got no love for the Vectra whatsoever, but I do object when objectivity is set aside like that. Yes, I want to be entertained, but I don't want my opinions manipulated.

The rest of the show was pure class, though, esp the caravan holiday and James' admission (and rapid retraction) re driving while having a joint.

It has sort of become like a comedy show just with a few awesome cars chucked in!!

****** funny though, was killing myself laughing when they were towing the burnt out caravan home again!! lol

Oh yeah and JC said that the vectra was the 5th fastest 4dr saloon, has he forgotten about the new rs4??????

Adams3 said:
Oh yeah and JC said that the vectra was the 5th fastest 4dr saloon, has he forgotten about the new rs4??????

i think he was messing because it was slightly faster than the other two, its only 250 hp

Adams3 said:

Unless verified, the new RS4 should have a 155mph speed limiter, same with the AMG models and the new M5, so indeed, the Vectra VXR is the 5th fastest production saloon. :scared2:

jojo said:
Unless verified, the new RS4 should have a 155mph speed limiter, same with the AMG models and the new M5, so indeed, the Vectra VXR is the 5th fastest production saloon. :scared2:

nooo highest on a technicality

LOL-Was funny stuff with that caravan, some of it must of been staged but funny all the same, wheres this Dog come from too?

Aldo said:
LOL-Was funny stuff with that caravan, some of it must of been staged but funny all the same, wheres this Dog come from too?

Top Gear Dog, as he is know, was introduced at the beginning of this current series. He is Richard Hammond's dog (Hamster is a keen dog owner & also presents BBC's coverage of Crufts).

jojo said:

Stand corrected then!!!

Adams3 said:
Stand corrected then!!!

Yes, because it will do 161mph, it'll only be a matter of time, before the local coppers trade there remapped Skoda Octavia's for these Vectra VXR's and start testing them on the local roads haha :racer: :haudrauf:

Repeat is on now! 4 those who missed it.

Repeat of 5th gear on at midnight for those who missed it last night, some interesting stuff about tyres!!

jdp1962 said:
Top Gear Dog, as he is know, was introduced at the beginning of this current series. He is Richard Hammond's dog (Hamster is a keen dog owner & also presents BBC's coverage of Crufts).

Ahhh!

That answers that 1 thanks, I missed that bit :)

Adams3 said:
Repeat of 5th gear on at midnight for those who missed it last night, some interesting stuff about tyres!!

that porsche is my dream car

Have to say that this was another funny episode. Stig in the petrol station and then with the police LOL
Captain Slow: A hammer is a tool for a pikey LOL

dorgan said:
Have to say that this was another funny episode. Stig in the petrol station and then with the police LOL
Captain Slow: A hammer is a tool for a pikey LOL

both them bits were funny, i couldnt stop laughing

Doh, feels like it's only been on a fortnight!
I'm recording it tonight :p

"Its mid-engined so heres a bit of Scandinavien flick"

Boom!!!

Thats some of the funniset telly i have seen in a long time. What an episode.

How good was that??, they just got it to a tee, funny guys. looking forward to the next series

Beerzo said:
"Its mid-engined so heres a bit of Scandinavien flick"
Beerzo said:
Boom!!!

Thats some of the funniset telly i have seen in a long time. What an episode.

"IF YOU WOULD LIKE A JOB AT TOP GEAR WRITE TO TOP GEAR BBC......." lol
poor hamster :jester: ,
Very funny , but gutted its the last in the serries! just seamed like its just back on the Tv