ITALY WINNING

missviper

Reaction score
What a nail bitter of game!
The game was scrappy i must admit and wasn't Zidane a idiot and deserved the red card.
People talk about Rooney thats nothing to what Zidane did and he should of known better.
As for the French fans how dare they Boo Italy, well whos laughing now.
Well done to Italy and yes im getting my Italian football shirt with my all time hero on it Del Piero.
I said to Slug a week ago if Italy win i will have a shirt and yes they did. Good excuse hey!!
Italy deserved to win in the end and good on yer.

I wanted France to win myself.. Zidane is one the best players ever in my eyes

great game, as i said, im half italian and had italy in the sweepstake at work and took 60 quid !
Zidane is a great player, he just lost it after hitting the bar in extra time.

Allez Zizou!!!!

The Zidane is a legend, i swear i seen him mouth in French right before he butted him "Yo dont you talk that way about ma' momma foo'".

O where was Mat-the-Rats yellow or red card for crunching Zidanes nipples before the head-but?? Is i just because that is considerd slightly funny that it should be allowed?

It is rather bizarre the different ways we treat our heroes.
Zidane behaves like a petulant child and does exactly what the Italians wanted him to do, gets sent off and arguably loses the world cup for his country and is still greeted like a hero, whereas we slate our heroes and blame them totally for crashing out (Beckham, Rooney) regardless of their talent that got us there in the first place.
I don't care what Mats said to him, they are just words which are said in every game at every level of football. For an experienced player like Zidane to react like that is not only naive, stupid & a complete disgrace to his career, but proves that mentally the Italians had already won the contest.
He was lucky not to have been arrested.
Thanks to him and Ronaldo we will now only remember the 06 world cup for cheating and mindless stupidity. Nice one!

You're right, football has been disgraced. But, what I still don't get is why people keep bleating on about Ronaldo being the cause, what rubbish. England were crap and didn't deserve to get past the group stages of the game. Ronaldo only did what so many footballers already do - including the Chelsea's, Liverpools, Arsenals and especially the Man U's. As Ronaldo plays for Man U, he probably learned and perfected his antics there. End of the day, Rooney still has a lot to learn. He has a temper and cannot control it, and when things don't go his way he lashes out. He may have just got a yellow for his stamping, but lifting his hands(the push on Ronaldo) to another player is a red card offence - end of story! England players surround the ref as much as any other players, and Rooney should have remained calm. It wasn't Ronaldo's actions that changed the colour of the card, it was Rooney's reaction to Ronaldo that changed the card.

Football is full of ill-disciplined, over-paid, arrogant knob-heads. The discipline in rugby is miles ahead, football needs to take a good long look at itself.

I wasn't referring to the Ronaldo/Rooney incident, I meant the blatant diving that he persisted to use throughout the tournament.
If it's not a free kick, then it's a yellow card for diving, you can't have it both ways. The refereeing was pretty good throughout, but if they'd been harsher on divers from the start then this element would have been quashed by the time it came to the knockout stage, and we wouldn't have been subjected to the ludicrous antics of Ronaldo in the France game.

I dont see what all the big fuss is about Ronaldo i dont see how he chaeted. He played the game he always plays and he plays with half the england squad in this club team. So England should have known what to expect. When he ran up to the ref after the rooney challenge, he did what most players would have done. Do you think Rooney, Ferdinand, Neville would not have ran up to the ref Ronaldo supposedly "stamped" on an england player. Of course they would have.

I dont think Rooney stampped on the guy instentionally as the slow-mo reply makes it look 1000s of times worse then when you see it normal speed.

There is too much fuss being made about Zizou. It was a head butt so what. The guy insulted him and he did what he did. He has appologised to the kids etc that had to see it happening fair enough. Things like that happen. I think everyone is forgetting what Mat-The-Rat did in the champions league against Villareal where he intentionally drove his elbow into his apponents face he was sent off for that. The player had his brow gashed and bleeding and had a slight concusion. Just because it wasnt as obvious doesnt make it less of a bad thing.

LOL-Not that i'm in to football, Wanted Italy to win as they make better cars :eek: also wa sun called for what that french player did! :rolleyes:

Laugh it off of course as his reaction was exactly what they wanted.
Durrrr!
Game, set & match to the Italians, nice one ZZ.
Ronaldo is only getting stick for the Rooney incident because of the way he's played all tournament. If he hadn't done so much diving (which is blatant cheating by the way Beerzo) then no one would care about his protests to the ref as that is also just part of the game.
IMO they should change the rules so that any approach to the ref is a yellow card offence. It's intimidation whichever way you look at it, not to change the refs decision, but to influence him on the next decision and should be completely cut out of the game. The sin bin idea is also a much better way of dealing with yellow card offences, as it gives the opposition an advantage and could cost the guilty team the game.

on reflection us England supporters always have someone to blame in recent tournaments i.e. 2004-urs meier 2002-seamen 2000-phil neville 1998-beckham 1996-southgate 1986- maradonna

I still think Zizou is a lengend, head butt or no head butt. I say good on him.