Sky InsuranceBadger5
    VOIP Dude

Status

Good news and bad news....

Good news is that it's July 4th tomorrow which means it's PARTY TIME!!!!1

Bad news is... I backed my truck into a fire hydrant. Then, being the sensible guy that I am tried to back it off the offending hydrant. Result: One very torn up rear bumper and one "Leaning Hydrant of Dallas" stylee hydrant. Luckily it didn't bust open and start spraying water everywhere, although I can't help but to think that it would have been kinda cool if it did, lol
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

Masa'warty 3200... Talk To Me!

Status
    We dont have that over here but i would love to go to the US for the independance day stuff!

Administrator

Status
    LOL, yeah, we need more public holidays, bank holidays are not enough !

bird spotter

Status
    best wishes to you and your countrymen, i would give my right arm to be an american citizen, its got to be better than this hell hole we call england, which in 20 years time will probably be renamed to ' the rest of the world'
    If you see a drain cover, open it and you will see britain sinking into the effluent.....

VOIP Dude

Status

Wink

Dudes... do you not remember? I am a UK citizen... I just work here!!! Its good, but the commute is a killer.

July 4th is independence day...

And trust me - to be a citizen you need to give them your right arm, leg one of your balls and thats not normally enough. I worked with a guy last week who has been here 6 years and still hasn't got citizenship. They give you a permanent resident card, but thats still not enough to call yourself a US citizen. I'm trying to go through that at the moment. Not easy.

The UK and US have similar national holiday days in number, but the general thing here is 10days vacation per year. As a UK employee, I get 28... but, this year - I get 1 day off at Xmas. 1 day, thats it!

It's not all roses...
    Spence

Gone at 80k: 2007 A3 Sportback 2.0T S-Line S-Tronic Mauritius Blue
    (4 S-Tronic boxes, 3 Mechatronics Units, 2 Dual Mass flywheels, 2 sets of engine mounts)
    Gone at 32k: 2005 A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 140 S-Line DSG
    Ebony Black

Uber Post Whore

Status
    Have a good time single guy.

2013 AUDI A3 SB S-LINE : 2.0 TDIQ 184 : GLACIER WHITE :
    : S-TRONIC : COMFORT PACK : SD SAT NAV : FOLDING MIRRORS : HEATED SEATS: RIGID BOOT LINER :

Turbo Sport

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by amb276s3
    best wishes to you and your countrymen, i would give my right arm to be an american citizen, its got to be better than this hell hole we call england, which in 20 years time will probably be renamed to ' the rest of the world'
    1)So you want to be a red indian?????

2) "the rest of the world" ISNT that wot America IS? its made up of everything ,poles/irish/scots/russians etc isnt it funny the "land of the free" now has a big sign up on the front door saying "CLOSED" !
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

"Lets fire up the Quattro" DCI Gene hunt,,,,,,,ashes to ashes

bird spotter

Status
    i take your point fallmonk, its just when you are over there,( i know vacations are misleading ), everything is how england should be, service, manners, choice and massive open spaces to name but a few, i recall being in macys in manhattan a fews years back looking for a pair of boots size 10, the assistant a polite coloured guy came back with 5 boxes of various widths, i go to my local jjb to buy a pair of reebok classic trainers and i'm greeted with ' dunno if we've got them in mate ' and to think i was going to hand over cash to such a crettin. hope springs eternal.
    If you see a drain cover, open it and you will see britain sinking into the effluent.....

bainsyboy
    JULY 4TH Burgers all round, thats when the yanks killed us English wasnt it, so lets celebrate with a big fat juicy burger.

" i would give my right arm to be an american citizen " i will send my tree surgeon friend ASAP

Turbo Sport

Status
    i take your point fallmonk, its just when you are over there,( i know vacations are misleading ), everything is how england should be, service, manners, choice and massive open spaces to name but a few, i recall being in macys in manhattan a fews years back looking for a pair of boots size 10, the assistant a polite coloured guy came back with 5 boxes of various widths, i go to my local jjb to buy a pair of reebok classic trainers and i'm greeted with ' dunno if we've got them in mate ' and to think i was going to hand over cash to such a crettin. hope springs eternal.
    Fair Deal mate, i know wot your saying it is a better place in a lot of ways ,BUT it has its problems as well ,just look at the poor buggers in New Orleans ,they are still living in squaler from Hurricane Katrina!
    ...and thats from the richest nation in the world! also the gun crime is out of control over there,
    BUT generaly i agree with you the good outways the bad , but im still happy to be a Scottish(British) citizen!
    I bought a convertable in the wettest country in the world who says Scotsmen dont have a sense of humour !

Numptie of the highest order

Status
    July 4th Celebrations RULE (I'm trying to sound american) if you don't have a good time tonight you need help!

3rd Gear

Status
    Do you really mean you want to be American citizen??
    No offence nothing against the Americans but you spose to be proud of being British??? Lol

Know the feeling though this country is going to the dogs.
    I would like to be a Australian, German or Candian Citizen and yes we need more Bank Holidays.

bird spotter

Status
    fallmonk, any crofts available in the extreme north of scotland?

bird spotter

Status
    if i were leaving england i think you are just about right missviper, usa, oz and germany would be great, i've heard some fantastic reports of germany, see you there!

bainsyboy
    Shall we have a whip round ? stop keep moaning do it

Turbo Sport

Status
    fallmonk, any crofts available in the extreme north of scotland?
    No problem mate, will dig out the farmers guide for you !

hopefully a nice farmers daughter for you as well for the cold nights

bird spotter

Status
    could you possibly make sure she's no bigger than dress size 10 and has got a backside smaller than kylies.....and ....and