Small but expensive parts?

fallmonk

Turbo Sport
Reaction score
Website
www.filshill.co.uk
Was picking up a mirror glass for mate today (scooby STi) the GLASS was £49(with discount ) he got quoted £60+vat from another dealer,IF he wanted a Whole mirror housing it would have been £400+ (unpainted)
just wondering who else has bought a small part and payed a silly price????:keule:

Three pieces of mesh for my new front bumper... Not overly small, but basically not a great deal of lightweight plastic (whole lot probably weighs less than 200g) - Audi tore off three quarters of my limbs and then hit me with a bill for £108.10

I've also been changing some of the interior trims in my car - I'll just say you better like the colour of your ashtray; because if you want a new one Audi will be after about £120!!!

I could go on, but we've all got Audis (apart from one or two with good excuses (ie those with Porsches) or those who've bought beemers but can't quite bring themselves to admit it ;)) - so I guess my pointing out just how comically expensive some of the bits are doesn't make fantastic reading!

Regards,

Rob.

fallmonk said:
just wondering who else has bought a small part and payed a silly price????:keule:

Earlier this year, I spent a fortune trying to avoid paying what I thought would be a silly price for a small part, only to find out the small part in question was £18 new.

£500 for a chip! Not me personally, but alot of money for a very cheap piece of electronics...although, does work well! (in some cases!)

I sold a Skyline (R33) headlight for a Jap import back in about 99 for...... £1,200.00 The guy didnt bat an eyelid, just handed over his card, paid the pre-order and left. Picked it up a week later, thanks me for "the fast service" and left.

I also sold a plain key (no immobiliser or keyless entry ****) for a Sunny (lol) for £58.75inc VAT.

:) Ah, who says the motor trade is full of con artists?

S4_dan said:
£500 for a chip! Not me personally, but alot of money for a very cheap piece of electronics...although, does work well! (in some cases!)

It's not even a chip these days, just software uploaded onto your ECU, saying that though, pound for pound, it is the only mod that will give you great BHP gains on turbocharged cars. :racer: